About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

22 November 2010

Starting back slowly...

Hi- I am back, sort of... I am going to try to limit my time on the computer, trying to keep family and home first and foremost... I got onto Amandas blog and read a few posts from this month and I realized how much I missed you all, how much I was learning from you all and mostly how much I needed you. This being my first year of homeschooling, I was learning so much about how to balance house work, life, school, etc... and I have to admit, I have been feeling a bit frazzled these past couple of months!

Update on us:
Jon has a new job. He was fired from the FD job in April and God provided so many lttle odd jobs to hold us over until we really (and I mean REALLY) needed more money. I am still amazed at all the blessings we recieved during this summer.

Lily is still Lily. She is 4 1/2 and thinks she is everything! I am still having a hard time with getting her to poop in the potty (sorry for the, literal, potty talk). She seems to be wanting more of this and more of that (materialistic) and I wonder if she is learning it from us, or friends or where... (going to work on that more, hopefully)

I have had a few photos sessions this fall, so far. Nothing big, but I am hoping it will help get the ball rolling, more...

I stopped blogging back in Sept. because I wanted to be available for my family more. I felt like I was on the computer too much, that I wasnt spending enough time with Lily and teaching her like I should. Well, shortly after I stopped blogging I found a new way of filling the time (and not how I had imagined). It was another one of Gods blessings, though... A new restaurant opened up in town and asked me to make desserts for them, twice a week... nothing major just brownies, banana pudding and Oreo delight, but these desserts took up 4 hours of my morning (when we usually do school work) twice a week, not to mention the time of driving 35 miles to the grocery store every week to get the ingredients and then to deliver the desserts.
I am thankful for the income it provided us in those last few strapped weeks, but I am so happy knowing that I delivered my last batch last week.

So- I am, once again, making my "New Years Resolution" list (at the of the year) of things I want to accomplish... I never make these lists on January 1st because I know I will be making them regularly through the year... lol

#1- SIMPLIFY our lives
#2- Structure my time to be most productive, both in school and house work
#3- Be a GOOD, Godly mother and wife


So, all this to say- I am back, but probably wont be a daily blogger like before. I hope you all have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!!!

~ Kristina

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina, It's good to see you again. I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you all. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my goodle reader this morning and saw a post from you!!! So happy to hear about you all and what God is doing for you. {{glad your back too}}}smile~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! A pleasant surprise to see you on my bloglines.

    ReplyDelete