This will be my last post for a while. I have spent the last week, for the most part, away from the computer. Trying to finish construction on the guest bathroom (I grouted it myself, super proud there!!), getting the house cleaned up, trying to get photography orders printed up and shipped out, not to mention all the normal day to day activities such as cooking and cleaning and teaching... And it was actually quite nice!
I realized, at some point, that here I am, trying to simplify my life, make things less stressful, a bit easier, less hectic and yet I am on the computer at least 3 hours a day, searching for things, reading emails, blogs, facebook, etc...
I have LOVED reading what all my new bloggy friends are doing. I love getting inspired from you all. I get a kick in the tush at times, reading what all you are doing and realizing I was falling behind (ie: bible stories and praying together...) I have LOVED, most, every minute. There have been times, though, not gonna lie, that I felt that I was not being the best I could be. I would read what all you are doing, and wonder - "Why cant I be like that?" or "What special 'mom gene' did I miss out on where I can't get all this accomplished, too?"
You all wear Super Mom capes, in my eyes, and I hope to be as great as you all. At this time, though, I feel that my time, attention, energy is best spent here, in my home not in my computer and dream world. I need to realize what all I can be and not what all I wish I could be. I need to spend more time focusing on what I can teach Lily and what all we can do and not what I am unable to do because of location, finances or relationships...
I want to say THANK YOU to all you wonderful women. You have lifted me up when I need it, you have made me laugh when I though none would come that day. You have shared with me, allowed me to visit in your world and home. You have prayed for me and allowed me to pray for you. You have ministered to me in many ways during a tough time. And I thank you all for that!! God gives you what you need in your time of need... and you all were exactly what I needed!
Dont get me wrong, I hope to be back. :) I hope to be able to still stop by and read what all you are working on now and then. I hope to get back to blogging what all is going on at the farm and what new book I am reading... but for now I just wanted to say-
Thank you!!
Seek first his Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Aww. Bummer. We just met.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to you! Looking forward to your return.
Courtney
well said Kristina!
ReplyDeleteYou are focusing on your home and that simply always comes first!
Keep in touch!!!
Kristina~
ReplyDeleteI totally applaud you for what you are doing.
I try to think of blogging as the overflow of my life. My family & home come first, and then the blog, if there is any of me left. Hence, why it's been a bit quiet around my blog.
I will miss you but I will think of you (and do all ready) everytime I open that blueberry jam! :)
God bless you and your family, Kristina!