About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

06 July 2012

JULY

July- just the name of this month makes me think of the 4th of July, swimming, peaches and ice cream, heat and no rain, beach, fireworks, cook out… well- you know what I’m talking about! 

This is our July- so far…

*~* Peaches from Carroll Farms in Woodbury *~*

Peeled, sliced and already in the freezer!  They are SOO good!!

DSC_0001DSC_0003DSC_0004

*~*  My Pantry is FINALLY built!!  YAY  *~*

This was actually done last month, but I just wanted to share! It has been on my “wish list” for 4 years!  Lots of shelves for food, and cleaning supplies.  I am still in the process of organizing it, but I am SUPER excited about it!!  YAY!!

DSC_0005DSC_0006

*~* Homeschool Awards Night *~*

A Night at the Oscars was the theme!  Lily got 3 awards, one for completing Kindergarten, one for completing the school year and one for being a Math Master- doing K and 1st grade math in one year!  Her dress is a “formal” skirt a friend gave me.  We tightened up the waist and then scrunched up all over and added lace flowers and beads to shorten it and added lace for the straps!

DSC_0015DSC_0017DSC_0019DSC_0024

*~* Train Derailment near Woodbury *~*

The ground is so dry here the gravel settled so much that the rails gave way.  Luckily it was a cargo train with fertilizer and not a passenger train!

DSC_0047DSC_0049

*~* 4th of July *~*

Button Napkin Rings- Aren’t the just CUTE!!!

DSC_0054DSC_0056DSC_0058DSC_0060

*~* Getting Fresh Milk *~*

We met a friend of a friend and he has 3 dairy cows.  This one is Daisy.  He lets us have fresh milk every week!  On Wednesday he let us come over and milk Daisy ourselves.  Lily had so much fun with it!

DSC_0068DSC_0070DSC_0073

* The bucket fills up fast!

DSC_0074

We got over a gallon of milk from the one bucket!

DSC_0081

Marcos also has a lot of chickens.  These are some of his smaller houses.  Aren’t they CUTE!!  I would love to get one to move around the yard for my chickens to get fresh bugs and grass without the dogs getting them!

DSC_0079

He trains horses and has so many staying at his house!  Lily likes El Torro,the pony.

DSC_0084DSC_0088DSC_0091DSC_0095

*~* You cant have the 4th of July without Fireworks *~*

Of course, earlier that day it was raining, so we weren’t sure if we would or not…

DSC_0106DSC_0110DSC_0117DSC_0119DSC_0133DSC_0148DSC_0173

The month isn’t even half way over and we have done so much already!  Today is my grandmothers birthday.  We leave to visit her in a bit, go pick up more peaches, then lake and farmers market tonight with friends and more fireworks Saturday night!  If you are ever in this area you should check out Callaway Gardens.  It is just great! 

I hope you all have a very blessed weekend!!

~ Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment