About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

13 December 2010

The letter "L"

Up in the clouds I see the trees,
and in the trees I see knees,
and the bees say please.

~ Lily age 4


Lily said this while we were driving down the road today, then exclaimed "Mama, I rhymed! Trees, knees, bees... What else rhymes? Can we play I spy a rhyme with trees?" So for the next 10 miles words were thrown out... Please, cheese, sneeze, just to name a few (and alot of the words were repeated multiple times) but it was fun to hear her excitement in learning more rhyming words.

This is our first week back doing school since the week prior to Thanksgiving. I am so glad this is a "learning year". I am learning that I NEED a calendar with activities and projects and outtings to keep me on track. I am learning that with out SERIOUS organization nothing would get accomplished. So I am going to continue learning what I need to make sure I can provide what Lily needs.

This week is the letter 'L'. We did L worksheets with Lily flowers on it. Tomorrow she will do her dinosaur page, I cannot remember which L dinosaur it is, but she LOVES doing them. We ran into town to return the limb chipper to the rental shop and stopped by the bank. Lily has quite a fan club there, all the ladies come to the drive through window to talk with her. She got a Lemon Lolli pop today. She was talking about Lily Licks the Lemon-Lime Lollipop, then she would giggle. Once we got home we raked up LEAFS and jumped into the pile. It was a HUGE pile, too...

Oh- the webpage I use for most of Lilys work sheets is
http://www.first-school.ws/INDEX.HTM It has lesson plans for ages 2-6. It has seasons, bible characters, themes, you name it. I just love using this site. I would buy their book if they put it all into one :) It is great, and it is all free! Just print from your computer...

Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be more of the letter 'L', but also vaccuming and moping and finishing up laundry.

I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas season!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds great...makes me miss home seeing lilyanne jumping in the leaves and all. She is growing up so fast. I hope our kid is as cute and wonderful as she is and bailey and cooper too :)!! miss you guys alot :(

    ReplyDelete