About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

21 December 2010

Thoughts at Christmas Time

This Christmas season brings about so many lessons for me- forgiveness, patience, trust- just to name a few. 

I am reminded daily/nightly that Christ was born to be the savior of us all.  He is our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace- Isaiah 9: 6-7

   Our pastor preached on this Sunday.  It has me thinking-  what do these names, titles mean to me??

   Wonderful Counselor-  means that he is here for me, I can go to him with all my problems, and that if I pray and read the Bible I can find any answer I need…

   Mighty God-  He is stronger than anyone.  He can handle anything we throw at him, nothing will surprise him, nothing will him love us less.

   Everlasting Father-  I have a great relationship with my Dad, and for me to think that there is a Father that loves me more than Daddy-  it just BLOWS me away!  His love is never ending!

   Prince of Peace-  He is the prime example of peace.  He is what we all should be striving for in all our relationships.  (I have a quick temper, I get frustrated easily and I am not fond of change in certain areas of my life…  so this part hits home!)

   This Christmas season (and all year long, too)  I want to be able to remember why Christ came, why he died and how I need to live my life to honor him.   In Night Light, a devotion Jon and I are doing, we are talking about honoring each other.  How can I live my life to honor Jon?  How can I live my life to honor God?  Am I making him proud by how I am living my life?

   Just a handful of questions going through my mind tonight…

DSC_0031

Good night and

Merry Christmas

~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment