About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

15 February 2011

A week in photos

I have been so busy with Lily and Olivia that blogging has not been at the top of my list.  I have had Olivia for over a month now.  She is a DELIGHT!  She reminds me so much of Lily in so many ways.  She loves to read, (she yelled at me as only a 1 year old could, for reading a magazine and not reading it to her), she is very good at playing by herself, and she LOVES Tu-tu, our little gray tabby kitten.  On the other hand, she has been sick for months now, before I started watching her.  She has gotten all of us sick, too.  She wipes her snotty nose on my pants (I am completely grossed out by snot and puke!!) and holds onto my pants all the time (which really irritates me).   Lily has rarely gotten sick, and this is a blessing I thank God for regularly and she is very independent.  I am re-learning about 1 year olds, seeing as how it has been 4 years ago.  I am also realizing how much I LOVE not having to change diapers, pull-ups or dirty panties anymore.

So- this is what we have been up to the past week or so…

VISITING WITH GRAMMA AND PA

DSC_0001DSC_0006DSC_0010DSC_0013**  Pa showed Lily how to look through the binoculars to see the cows out in the pasture.  He was making sure a newborn calf was nursing. DSC_0017DSC_0020DSC_0023 **  We found turnips in their garden, still growing.  They were HUGE.  Lily tried one. She said she liked it, but her face said otherwise.  DSC_0024DSC_0026 **  Gramma showed Lily how to make biscuits.  She loves helping in the kitchen!!

DATE NIGHT WITH DADDY

DSC_0029DSC_0030DSC_0031DSC_0033 ** Chic-Fil-A had a Daddy Daughter Date night the weekend prior to Valentines Day.  Lily was SO excited about going.  She asked all week “It is Saturday yet?” DSC_0034DSC_0037

**  Lilys hair is STRAIGHT!!  Not sure where it came from, both Jon and my hair is very curly… she asks me to curl her hair for Church.  I can curl it and drench it in hair spray and the curls are out within the hour, but she is so excited to see the curls when I take the curlers out…

MAKING MY OWN DETERGENT

**  A lot easier than I thought.  So far my dishes and laundry are all clean, and Jon says he likes the smell, too… I really don’t smell anything, but that may be the point, lol…

DSC_0042

SNOW- FINALLY

DSC_0049DSC_0051DSC_0052**  We had just enough snow to cover the ground for about 3 hours.  By sunrise the snow had started to melt.  Lily got enough snow off the hammock to make a small snow ball, which is STILL in the freezer… DSC_0055DSC_0060

SPRING-LIKE SUNDAY

DSC_0061DSC_0062DSC_0064DSC_0068DSC_0066**  Jon borrowed Daddy’s tractor after Church Sunday.  We have been clearing out the fence line and spent the afternoon picking up the limbs and briars and such.  Wore Lily out FAST!!!DSC_0072DSC_0078**  She was OUT!  Jon would load up the trailer behind the tractor with branches then drive it to the burn pile, I would sit in the bucket with her, making sure she was safe… she never woke up!  We had to pick her up to wake her up.DSC_0081DSC_0088DSC_0089

 

VALENTINES DAY DINNER

DSC_0091DSC_0092DSC_0096DSC_0098

**  Homemade (easy) chocolates, Shrimp and Crawfish Creole’ over rice with fried Oysters and strawberries and Ice cream for dessert…

YUMMMMY

Well, this was our week.  We are LOVING the 60+ degree weather this week.  It is suppose to get up around the 70’s later in the week.  Now if it would just stay this way for a while, he he he…I cannot wait to get started in our garden.  Hopefully this weekend we will be tilling up last years garden, mixing in the compost and working out a “floor plan” for this years garden.  I am wanting to do a square foot garden. 

~  Kristina

1 comment:

  1. What a blessed week!

    It's been busy it sounds like, but full:)

    I love that special valentines dinner you made. Your such a sweet mama:)

    ReplyDelete