About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

23 February 2011

Flowers for Lou Lou

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This blog is dedicated to my sister LOU LOU.  All the pretty yellow flowers are for her!  We all miss you and cant wait to see you in March!!! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Spring has sprung!  Smile I cannot express how EXCITED I am to see my flowers blooming.  I absolutely LOVE buttercups.  Lily would have been named Buttercup but I thought that was a little too “The Princess Bride”… so we went with my next favorite flower, lilies. 

DSC_0028 

This is the first flower to bloom in my flower bed, the bulbs were planted 2 years ago.  I am SUPER excited about finally seeing them!!! I have forgotten what all I planted in there.  I know some Iris’s are in there, but not sure what else.

DSC_0030 

I wish I could send smell through the computer.  Buttercups aren’t the most beautiful smell (I really like Gardenias), but they have a beautiful unique smell all their own that I just love!!!

DSC_0032 

I am even excited to see this little guy sneaking out from under the leaves!  So pretty after all the brown leaves for so long!!!

DSC_0031 

Lastly, a photo of our empty garden, or should I say BLANK CANVAS!!  YAY- it is planting season!!!  Jon and I, mostly Jon, are going to make raised beds for a square foot garden.  I am WAY EXCITED about this, too!!!

Welcome back spring!  I sure have missed you!!!  I look forward to all the fun and adventures that await us in your warm sunshiny weather!

~  Kristina

3 comments:

  1. Awe shucks! Thanks nina :) Love me some buttercups...i LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell and they are yellow :) and just so pretty! See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beautiful flowers remind me that spring really is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, me too!
    I'm reminded of the promise of spring not too far away when I see those purty flowers;)

    ReplyDelete