About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

09 September 2011

Not much time :)

I am LOVING life right now! I finished reading Lessons at BlackBerry Inn by Karen Andreola (I hope I spelt that correctly!) and LOVED it! I have her Pinecone book on my Christmas wish list now!!

Lily and I have started school. People ask what grade she is in. We dont really do grades right now. She learns at different speeds with different subjects, and also as I get around to it. I am not a fan of history so I am having a hard time getting motivated in that area, but she is soaring with reading, writing and science!

We spent all day Wednesday doing science related things. We found 25 Tomato Hornworms and spent the majority of the day watching, listening to, coloring and writing about them. It was great! Im not sure who had more fun- me or her! Jon was a little wierded out when he came home and the worms were all over the coffee table, but a smile spread across his face when Lily grabbed his hand and pulled him to the table to get nose to nose with them, to observe them like she had all day. It was great!!

We are building a chicken pen. I never thought I would have chickens... I dont like snakes- but I am hoping that with 2 very active dogs and now 5 (yes- 5) cats, the likely hood of snakes will be reduced! But the thought of fresh eggs and organic chicken makes me happy! I cant wait for you all to see the chicken pen Jon is building me! It looks great. I gave him a rough idea of what I wanted and as usual let him go... I did, however pick out the windows and doors... :)

We are SO busy right now, I rarely have time to write. I miss is, I miss seeing how my bloggy-family is doing, I miss sharing our little corner of the world with you all. But I am loving life, I love how our school is going, I love what is going on here at the house, I love our weekends... I don't mind that most of my time and attention is focused on my family and our home. I am sure you all understand. I hope to write as often as I can, but I am afraid it wont be regular like last year!!

Our most favorite things right now is Breakfast and Bible :) Now that the deck has been rebuilt we eat breakfast almost every morning out there and read a Bible story. Lily is really into Ester :) I hope she makes more of the bible princess her role models than the disney princesses- not that they are bad, I just want good Christian role models for her as she grows up!!

I hope you all have a blessed weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment