With all my worrying about school (and yesterday was GREAT!!) I forgot to share the most wonderfulest (yes, I know that isn't a real word, but I am that excited!!) news EVER!!!
Lily asked Jesus to live in her heart this year!!! It was in April/May time frame. I dont remember the exact date, but I do remember we were driving down the road, heading to the grocery store. She as been talking about it for about a year now, saying she wanted him to live in her heart. It started out so cute, her asking how Jesus would move into her heart, did he have alot of stuff to move, how long would he stay... I LOVED every question! Well, this spring we were talking about it and she said again- Mama, I want Jesus to live in my heart. So I explained what it means to accept Jesus and how he helps us to be better people, better Christians, how he shows us love and how we are to show his love to others, and how he loves us no matter what, and that she would live in Heaven when she dies. And she wanted all of this!!
I was a little sceptical at first, wondering if a 5 year old could make this decision, but I remembered that Jesus wants us to all have faith like a child. Her faith and love for Jesus makes me want to teach her that much more about who Jesus is and how he will always be there for her. I am so happy for her, for her decision!!
YAY- Lily!!!

Wonderful news to hear! How very sweet!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and commenting...it's great hearing how everyone is doing with their diets/exercise. My daughter and I tried Zumba last year in an intro class and loved it! :-) I really need to sign up for a regular one. Sounds like fun. :-)
Blessings,
Jill
What a wonderful blessing it is to know our children have eternal life with Christ. I am soooo thankful Lily made that decision.
ReplyDelete