Hey- ITS ME AGAIN MARGARET!!! hee hee…
Well, I finally found a few spare minutes to write. I cannot remember the last time I blogged, however I do remember it was more of a “I’ll be back when things settle down” kind of letter…
Life here is still CRAZY!! I don’t know if it will ever slow down.
Just to update you all. Jon is still working with the forklift repair company and still loves it. He misses the daily activity of the Fire Department, but I think those longings are satisfied with the volunteer station he is part of.
Lily has done so well with school this year. We are at the end of our “unofficial” school years. In the fall I will have to legally do whatever to make us “official homeschoolers”. We are both excited about next year. I went to the conference last weekend and bought My Fathers World 1st grade curriculum for us. We will finish up 1st grade math during the summer and start her with 2nd grade math in the fall, though. She loves it so much I really don’t want to keep her from it. She begs to do math on the weekends and on holidays, so I buy small, fun books that will challenge her but also that will be fun. She is about done with her second Dr. Seuss math book this year… She is definitely the apple and I the tree in this subject! History, now that is another story, or blog…
We did something this year I never thought I would do- we built a chicken pen… Yep- I am now the proud owner of 9 chickens. Jon and I looked through so many designs and magazines and figured out a way to hopefully snake proof the house. I don’t care about the other critters that like eggs, but snakes- NO THANKYOU!! So far so good, no snakes. However we have lost 2 chickens due to mysterious deaths… I will try to get photos on soon, of the pen. I am quite happy with my Taj Mahal, as Jon calls it. Now I just need to paint it and come up with a name for it- any and all suggestions are welcome.
I have decided to cut back on the Photography business this fall. Starting a new type of studies- I want to be able to put as much focus on it and Lily as I can. I am still desperately trying to keep this house clean. I seem to get the house clean and something happens that turns everything upside down. For example- yard sale last weekend: you would think it would clean some things out… my house is as messy as ever from trying to get everything together, priced, etc. I am happy for the things that sold, but now I have to put everything else back in its place.
I go to bed each night, thinking- I sure would like to write about what happened… Hopefully this summer I can. May is a super busy month for us. Weddings, graduation, family moving etc.… but I hope, really really hope, that I can get back into writing. Till then
~ Kristina

No comments:
Post a Comment