I LOVE being a stay-at-home mom. I love that I have the opportunity and privilege and challenge of homeschooling my daughter.
But there are times that I want to help out, other than what I already do around the house. Jon is so great at taking care of us, in so many ways. He has almost always worked 2 jobs. Partly because he loves to work, partly because of financial needs. I have my own business K Kessler Photography but it is still pretty small and new and most income that comes in goes back into the business.
Jon’s new job has been a blessing from God- nothing less than a blessing from Him!! It comes with many benefits and perks, but also a few downfalls. We are covered, as a family, for dental. He has Medical and vision. Lily is covered with medical as well through a different provider, but I am left without right now. I was diagnosed Hypothyroidism a few years ago. It was about 18 months ago that the DR decided that she had done enough blood tests to “confirm my diagnosis” and prescribe me medicine. The loss of Jon’s job last spring resulted in the loss of medical insurance and the loss of my medicine. I have been coping with the side effects, but would still like to feel somewhat “normal” again… if that makes sense…
I have started selling Avon (click here for link) in hopes that the income from it will help out with paying bills, and putting into savings and aside for retirement. I am hoping that we can build our savings back up, pay off the last of the loans, put money into our IRA and other retirement funds… I hope this will ease the burden of Jon, ease the strain of trying to get ahead of the bills, help out with fixing this old house. I know that money does not buy happiness, security or peace. These only come from Him, but it is still comforting to know that we have a little set aside in case of an emergency, or for our future or Lilys!!
Anyway- all this to say that if you use Avon products or are interested in seeing what all they have to offer feel free to browse through my site. You can order directly from my site and have it shipped straight to you. They have so many new products out, and will have a new line of baby care products out starting in April.
~ Kristina

Your husband sounds very much like my husband. He is such a hard worker!
ReplyDeleteI don't use Avon but I will pass the word to friends.
As you know, I understand the never feeling quite well, quite whole. Hypothyroidism really is something that CAN be controlled too, if you can just be on the right medicine. My Mom has had it for years and although you may have to change the dose at times, the meds can control it. So, make it a point to try to get some! My parent's have never had insurance, and somehow managed. I will pray for you, that God will provide a way for the medicine to come.
ReplyDelete"Praise Him in the Storm" is playing on your blog as I write this. I love that song, and cling to it always. Never forget to praise, even when it hurts. Somehow, that just makes it easier to bear. Blessings!