I am nervous!! Oh so nervous! And Im not the one starting school. Lily is!! I am still teaching her at home, but Im getting a bit nervous, worried, scared!!!
I haven't shared this with any one else... I worry if I am doing the right thing, for her and for me. I know that really I am, the schools here are horrible. I know she will learn more from me than she would at the schools in this county... but HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS??? I worry how am I going to teach her all that she needs to know and take care of our home as well. I worry about everything that I want to do (photography, restoring old furniture, decluttering, etc) and wonder how will I ever get around to those things and make sure she is learning all she can!! Will I get "Me time"?? I guess I shouldnt expect it. I dont really get it right now anyway. Jons work is a whole different post...
I have all the books I need for this year and probably next year, too, if I were to be honest. But I have yet to figure out a game plan for her lessons. Last year we covered a letter a week. I found art projects, stories, recipes, etc for each letter. She practiced writing each letter and words that start with that letter. We got into math (which she went through very quickly) and science (which she loved)... But how will I approach her learning this year?
"State regulations" says she has to do 4 hours of school... hmm- how do I do 4 hours with a 5 year old?? I know 4 hours straight is CRAZY!! I cant do 4 hours straight... how do I break up the time? Do I do a subject a day? Math on Monday, Science on Tuesday... or do I try to do each subject every day?
I had wanted to be in bed by 9pm tonight, in hopes of getting a good, long night sleep... well, it is now 12:15(AM) and I am still awake...
Maybe I will postpone school another week... tomorrow will tell... If nothing else, I will give Lily some work books that she loves and let her do work in those tomorrow while I try to put something together!

There is no one that loves their child more than a mama. Teachers at school do not love your child, you do. You will go that extra mile for her. You will do fine by your child. Pray that God will give you direction and peace. Hope you have a great year!
ReplyDeleteI have those same thoughts and have had them pretty much every year over these past seven years. I ditto what Lecia said. Hope your year is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteFirst just breathe....this is not a race and it's not perfection it's life and it's unpredictable at times. You are making a very important decision and planning is the best way to make it run smoothly. Have faith in yourself and things will fall into place. Keep learning fun and break the time up with exercise. You can do this! Day by day and it will get easier as you go along. :-) Praying for you, be sure to get some rest...you got this!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Jill
Thinking of you. How is your school year going? I'm guessing you are doing well and busy since it's been a bit since you last posted. BTW, your last post on her becoming a Christian--praise God! Smiles,
ReplyDeleteCourtney