About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

05 August 2011

procrastinating

Well, not intentionally.... There is just so much that didn't get done this summer that I am still trying to finish up... But it is back to school time and I haven't worked on "lesson plans" for Lily. We are working on reading and listening right now, and I know that still counts, but I am ready to add in her science and history, cooking and art and math...

We are reading through Secret Garden, one of my favorite books. I read a chapter and then ask her questions about what happened. She is so head strong, stubborn and independent (unfortunately alot like me) that sometimes she just does what she wants and doesn't listen (again, like me), so I am hoping that this will help her to listen to both me, as MAMA, and also to listen and comprehend what she is reading and hearing for school...

Today is Friday, finishing up sewing projects, photography projects to add to etsy. Saturday we have a friend over and Sunday is church, maybe I can get some stuff done this weekend while Lily plays with her friend. Sundays are usually quiet and we stay around the house, I might can do a bit then, too...

OOHHH- I almost forgot, I had a BEAUTIFUL swallowtail butterfly in my garden yesterday, I got some great shots of it... I will share soon! Butterflies are just so amazing and graceful!! I just love them!!

1 comment:

  1. I know....where did the summer go? It's just flown by too fast!

    I love the Secret Garden it's one of my favorite books! Did you know there is a movie too?

    Enjoy the rest of the summer!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete