About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

23 May 2012

Out in the country

I live in the country-  as in the closest town is 10 miles away.  And it is a very small town, too!!  I know that while living out here, in the sticks as some people call it, comes with its share of rodents and such there is one intruder that I really don’t care for.

SNAKES!!!

I was opening the garage door yesterday and saw this…

DSC_0017

YEP- It’s a snake.  Up until yesterday all we have seen are small baby snakes, nothing major.  I am happy to kill or rehome them… no big deal… But this one was a BIG,and I mean VERY BIG deal!!!  It was over 3 feet long…

DSC_0018

(My mama is so BRAVE!!!)

I screamed, I cried, screamed some more then grabbed my cell phone out of my pocket and called my Daddy!!  Well, needless to say he was on the tractor, so Mama came to my rescue!!  I am SO VERY Thankful they live close by… otherwise Jon would have come home to a daughter in a tree (I told her to climb one and stay put till the snake was gone) and a wife frozen, crying, and terrified in the driveway…

DSC_0019

Yep- I am that scared of them!!

DSC_0022

It is a rat snake, and while I know that they are considered one of the “good snakes”- I still don’t like them. 

I had nightmares last night because of this creature!

UGH!!

~Kristina

2 comments:

  1. well, at least you didn't reach in to get an egg and touch it!!!

    I feel your pain girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big snakes are not fun to encounter, but they do keep the mice down. I grew up in the country, so there were snakes everywhere. Touching them isn't my thing. Seeing them along with all types of nature is a good indication that your property is healthy :) Trying to look on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete