I just LOVE the rain!! I actually like most forms of water- rain, lakes, rivers, the ocean… but I really really love the rain. I love how it cools the air, how it washes the dirt and pollen away. I love the smell of the rain and the feeling of it on my skin. I just LOVE the rain!!
I’ll tell you what- this weather has been some kind of CRAZY!! I am definitely not complaining about it, though! I just LOVE it!! I admit, I was a bit worried about it a few weeks ago. Wondering if I was going to have to turn the AC on before June. But this wonderful cold spell, all the wonderful spring showers- I think I will be able to make it to June before the AC officially comes on for the summer. I really don’t like to have the AC on until we are nearly sweating while sleeping. We turn the attic fan on at night to pull in the cool evening air. The house is well built so it stays cool for most of the day, by the time the house warms up it is evening again and the fan comes back on.
I like doing it this way. It keeps the power bill low, but I really like the smell of the fresh air, I like the curtains blowing from the breeze. I LOVE to wake up listening to the birds singing outside my window. Spring and fall are my 2 favorite times of the year- mostly because of the reasons listed above.
Does anyone grow tomatoes in their garden?? Do yours grow TALL?? I’m talking over 5 feet tall?? Mine are that tall and still growing, they are covered in green tomatoes. I want to go ahead a pick a few and make a batch of fried green tomatoes, but I also want to wait and see the beautiful red peeking through the green leaves…
We are almost to the end of our school year. We are finishing Lily’s science books and almost finished with her sight word book. We will continue math through the summer to make sure she is fully ready for 2nd grade math and reading is never done! She has a book shelf in her room and one upstairs, both are overflowing with books. She is really into Fancy Nancy right now. A dear friends of ours is a Speech Language Pathologist and she highly recommends these books. She says it is great for learning vocabulary… I’m not sure if Lily likes the new words, the funny story line or the beautiful illustrations the best.
Happy Monday you all!! I hope you had a blessed Mothers Day weekend!!
~ Kristina

Hi Kristina! Just the other day, I had the little empty jar that you sent with blueberry jam (it still has the tag on it) and it made me think about you and wonder how you were. I'm glad to hear from you again. I too love the rain but am not crazy about the bad storms we get down here. I'll take just the rain, please. :) Your pictures are beautiful!
ReplyDelete