I was laying in bed last night listening to Jon snoring… He doesn’t have a smooth, rumbling, soothing snore. He has a loud, inconsistent, wake you up from sleep, hear it across the house, possible sleep apnea, multi-tone kind of snore. It worries me a lot. I think he needs to see an ENT about his nose and throat, possibly even get a sleeping test done. It really cannot be healthy. And it has gotten worse as he gets older…
But what got me thinking- while listening to the snoring- was Lily wanted to snuggle with her Daddy for a while. I was ok with it, as was he- but while I lay wide awake Jon and Lily were SOUND ASLEEP!! How can she sleep through all that noise? She always has fallen asleep when snuggling with Jon, even as a baby. I guess it started when she was a baby…
But my though train didn’t stop here-
Do you remember, as a kid, ever getting hot in the summer? Or cold in the winter? We went outside to play after breakfast and didn’t come in till supper. And in the summer, after we washed up dishes we were back outside again. We slept through the night (except for the occasional bad dream). We didn’t hear snoring or traffic going down the highway. I remember everything being so easy. We played, we went to school and church, we ate, we slept.
At what point in our lives did we start getting hot in the summer? When did winter get too cold? When did getting enough sleep, and good quality sleep, become important and something to worry about?
When did all that change? When did we grow up?

No comments:
Post a Comment