About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

07 June 2012

Starting anew

When I was younger I was so active.  I ran, I climbed trees, played in the fields, you couldn’t keep me still.  Fast forward a few years…

After I had Lily I had, well still am having, difficulty loosing the baby weight.  I was tired a lot, had no desire to really do much and just felt all around blah…  As the years passed it got worse.  My attitude about life was just- blah!  I didn’t want to go out anywhere, didn’t want people to come over.  I was taking naps almost every day.  I was very sensitive to the cold.  It felt like daggers in my back in the winter.  I would take LONG hot baths trying to warm up, which usually didn’t help.

2b

I did some research and learned my symptoms were similar to those with hypothyroidism.  I had my doctor do lab work which confirmed my suspicions.  I saw an endocrinologist shortly after, she prescribed Synthroid and followed up with more lab work a month later.  My TSH/T4 levels were normal and she was happy, but I wasn’t.  I was still having all the same symptoms.  She didn’t feel it necessary to look into anything else.  This was 3 years ago.  I have not been treated since then…

17b

Until now!  3 months ago I started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist.  I have no intention of getting pregnant, so the reproductive part of this Dr. is of no interest to me. (by the way, reproductive issues is part of the low thyroid as well, which explains why I wasn’t able to get pregnant after trying for over 2 years).  I have heard he is a great Dr.  He listens not only the symptoms, but also looks at the lab work.  He takes into consideration your life situation and works with the patient to find a cure.  He is a very good doctor.18b

He prescribed the Synthroid for me and we did lab work 4 weeks later.  My TSH/T4 levels were very good, but again I was still tired all day with no desire to do anything.  (My house is a MESS!!!)  He looked at the lab work some more and said that my T3 levels were not where they should be, so he prescribed something for that as well.  29b

I read a few forums on the new medicine and most people said they felt a significant change within 3 weeks of starting the medicine.  I am finishing up week 1 of this new medicine and I feel so much better!! It is 1:30, in the afternoon, right now. By this time last week I would be nearly passed out from exhaustion, laying on the sofa, letting Lily watch a movie.  Just so I could rest, sleep, to have enough energy to put together a simple supper.

12b

I am cooking, cleaning, sewing, editing photos, playing, gardening, reading… I feel  like a new woman!!  I have even lost 2 pounds… not a lot, but a start.  I am so excited to start living my life again!! 

WAHOOO!!! 

15b

No comments:

Post a Comment