About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

04 April 2011

Made to Worship

Total Dedication

1) We Worship

Worship is: being blown away by God!

“Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God; serve only Him.’ Matthew 4:10

You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a cared image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God, am a jealous God. Exodus 20:3-5

A. We worship through our minds.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Philippians 4:8

*In what way to your thoughts direct adoration toward Christ?

* What are you thinking about when you worship?

*What do you need to do in order to focus more on Christ as the One you worship?

B. We worship through our hearts.

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45

*What does it look like for you to yield your heart to God in worship?

*What are places within your heart that keep you from worshipping God, or make it really difficult?

C. We worship through our body.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Romans 12:1

Living hands- act of surrender or excitement that cannot be contained.

Open palms- posture of willingness to receive

Bowing or Face to the ground- posture of humility

Closing eyes- posture of focus

Dancing- posture of excitement or celebration

* In what way do you typically engage your body in worship?

* What’s keeping you from more fully living out Romans 12:1; offering your body as a living sacrifice?

D. We worship through our words.

Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:17-21

*In what way do you steward well the power of your words while worship?

* Are you engaged with what you are saying/singing?

E. We worship through our resources.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

Time

Talent

Treasure

· In what way are you investing your time, talent and treasure into God’s kingdom and as an act of worship toward Him?

F. We worship through our pain.

But my Sovereign Lord, help me as you have promises, and rescue me because of the goodness of your love. I am poor and needy; I am hurt to the depths of my heart. Like an evening shadow I am about to vanish; I am blown away like an insect. My knees are weak from lack of food; I am nothing but skin and bones. When people see me, they laugh at me; they shake their heads in scorn. Help me, O Lord my God; because of your constant love, save me! Make my enemies know that you are the one who saves me. Psalm 109:17-21

* How have you worshipped God in your suffering?

* Has it been an act of worship or a state of wallow?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this! Excellent!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete