About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

02 June 2011

Rain drops on roses

These are a few of my favorite things- 

HPIM1304

I just LOVE Joann’s fabric store…  I get so excited to get coupons in the mail…  I  have to drive nearly an hour to get to the store, but I could spend all day looking at the fabric and notions… It really is a bad place for me to go.  I see so many things I like and want to make, knowing that I already have a pile awaiting me at home… but I just cannot help my self.  A new pattern, a few new yards of fabric, lots of new ideas! 

HPIM1309

This is by far the BEST place to get landscaping stuff!!  They bag up the materials you are buying at Home Depot and Lowes…  We get it for oh so cheap here!!!  A bag of topsoil for 1 cubic yard is only $0.99!  For less than $20.00 I can make my yard look spectacular!!!  They have compost, mulch, soil, rocks, pebbles, paving stones, etc.  The guys at Rock Bottom know me.  They always ask- “what are you working on now?”  I had not been to Rock Bottom for a couple of months, I think they missed me.  They all came by to say hey and see how Lily and I were doing. photos of my pretty yard coming soon :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We have been working on our deck the past 2 weeks.  It was one of the original projects for this house that has been shuffled to the back burner so many times.  We finally saved up enough money and had a long weekend we were able to work on it.  The railing will come later in the summer after a little bit more money is saved.  But for now- I am HAPPY!!   The deck is rebuilt and my garage is getting even more empty!

I am SO proud of Jon.  He designed the new deck.  He figured out how many posts, beams, boards, nails and screws we would need.  He did an AWESOME job on it!  I cant wait to put the table and chairs and grill back up and have our friends and family over for some BBQ!  And a BIG thank you to my Daddy for coming down to help us out!  This deck is twice as big as the original and it wraps around the breakfast room and under my kitchen window.  jon is going to make a window shelf for me, so we can pass plates and dishes through the window.  I also hope to cool some pies or a loaf of bread on my window shelf! 

YAY!

HPIM1308 HPIM1312HPIM1313HPIM1314HPIM1315HPIM1316HPIM1318HPIM1319HPIM1320HPIM1321HPIM1337

~*~  More to come… I need to get the laundry out on the line ~*~

~ K

 

No comments:

Post a Comment