About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

09 August 2010

4 year old theory

We have buried a few pets this summer due to one reason or another. A few days ago, Lily asked "Mama, is heaven in the ground?" Not exactly sure what to tell her, I said it was up in the clouds, far away where we can't see. "Mama, is Lovey's calf in heaven with Jesus?" Still not sure what to say... "Yes, he is"
"Mama, I want to go visit Jesus." "One day you will, darlin'." "When, mama?" So I start to tell her about accepting Jesus into her heart, that when you love him and want him to help you be a better person and to show love to everyone else and be like him, you ask Jesus into your heart. "Mama- I want Jesus to be in my heart now!" (I'm smiling by now...) "Ok, well, all you have to do is ask him to come live in your heart."

A few minutes of silence (which is rare with her), and then... "Mama, where is Jesus going to put all of his stuff? He probably has alot of clothes and toys and books and his toothbrush." "What are you talking about, Lily" "Well, if Jesus comes to live in my heart, then he will have to move in here, (patting her chest) and there really isn't that much room!"

LOL- I am still giggling about this conversation!!! I love how her little mind works!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely precious! How very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the things that it's good your writing about because if your like me...you'll forget and oh how nice it's gonna be to look back one day and have this on paper!
    Sweet, Sweet, Children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina, this made me smile. So very cute and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! The faith of a child!

    ReplyDelete