About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

18 August 2010

Taking time

I am a firm believer that if you want to build on something you take time to do it.
Whether you are building a house, you take the time to find blueprints, materials, etc to build it. Or if you are trying to build a relationship you take time to spend with them, to learn about them, to connect and bond with them.

This has been on my mind lately. Do I take time to spend with friends? Do I take time to make sure my friends know that I am interested in their lives, that I want to spend time with them? How do I show that I am interested in what is going on in their lives. How do I show them that I care, that I am here for them, that I will do what I can for them??

I dont want a one sided friendship. I dont want to be in any kind of relationship where I am 'taking' all the time. I want to be able to give back, I want to be able to give of my time, my resources, my experience, my love.

I know that any relationship is not going to be equally balances at all times. I know that there will be times that I take more than I give and vica versa. But I want to know, if it is even possible, that if I have a moment where I need something that I will not me pushed away, that I will not be made fun of, that reguardless of what I am in need of at that moment, my friend will be there, offering of their time and love, to help me through...

I have enjoyed reading all the blogs. I may not have time to write myself, but I like to at least check in and make sure you all are doing well. To see how I can help or pray for you all.

I have so many inner battles right now, this is just one of them. Most of them deal with friendships.

I think it is a good thing when a friend can come to me and point out an area where I need to work on and it is said not only with love and honesty, but not critical. If I have something I need to work on, tell me. I will probably be at the book store the next day finding a bible study covering it, wanting to be better...

I had a friend tell me a few months ago that I didnt trust God with our finances. It was VERY true! I didnt. I knew he would take care of us, but I didnt trust him completely. I do now. Partly because of the conversation, partly because of our situation, but I dont worry about the bills. I balance the check book regularly and I pay the bills, but I dont worry about where the money will come from. God has us covered!!

Anyway- this is a whole different blog, a different night, a different mindset...

These are my midnight ramblings :) I think I may need to change my blog title :)

2 comments:

  1. It's good to have a good friend. It's important to remember for us to strive for our husband to be our BEST friend. Once our obligation to our husband and children are met..it's important to seek out Godly women to mentor to and be mentored unto. To spend time with, to share ideas, and to learn from one another. If you are getting ready to homeschool, try joining your local support group and get involved to seek out these like-minded Godly women.
    They are out there, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does take time to cultivate any relationship. I agree with Amanda, our husbands should be our best friends. We also need other christian women to help us grow to be all God wants us to be. I have found that this past year in our homeschool support group. There are many women there in the same walk of life as I am, maybe in a different area, but understanding where I am all the same. What a blessing that is!

    ReplyDelete