About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

25 August 2010

first home school year

YAY!!! I have finally put together a rough draft of our school schedule for the next 4 months. We will start the first full week of September. We would have started sooner but the past month has been NON-STOP...

Mondays- Grocery store or Library (will rotate every other week...)
Tuesdays- will be art and cooking
Wednesdays- Story time at the library then nature studys
Thursdays- numbers and writing

I am planning on doing a letter a week. I hope to plan activities, books, etc. around the letter of the week. She already knows her alphabet, but I am hoping that it will make planning the activities easier. I have a few books that I will go through for activities, and inspiration (as well as getting some inspiration from you all!!!).

If we do a letter a week, including the week of Thanksgiving, then we will be around letter 'P' by the next to last week of December. I will take the last week of December off for Christmas and New Years and getting ready for the next few months. Starting in January we will pick up with remaining letters, and see how far they take us into the spring. Then, I guess we will see what happens from there...

I am excited. I was homeschooled 7-9th grades (otherwise, I was in public school), so this is somewhat new territory for me. Lily tells everyone "she doesnt go to a real school, she is homeschooled which is where she stays home and plays puzzles and reads books with Mama."

I have a busy weekend ahead. I head to Newnan tomorrow for the Consignment sale. I drop off Lilys outgrown clothes, books and toys, and then buy for the fall and winter. Then Saturday I pick up what is left over from the sale and a "romantic night away" for me and hubby- our 6th Anniversary... A special post, all its own...

Hope you all are doing well. Have a great weekend... I am hoping to post photos Friday of what all we have been up to around here... :)

2 comments: