About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

30 August 2010

BUSY weeks and tons of photos!!!

Our summer has been so busy! I love writing and posting photos of what all we are up to, down here in GA, but the past month or so it has seemed as though we were going non-stop.  September is looking as though it will be just as busy.  We will go to the Circus, see Sesame Street Live, Sassy’s wedding is at the end of the month!!  So much to do, so much to get ready for!  Not to mention I will begin my first year homeschooling….  oh boy… 

I have had days where I went to bed thinking “What did I do today??”  Or on Saturday night “What happened this week??”  I simply cannot remember what we did. I have a calendar with the “big” things, but as for the smaller things, like laundry, working in the garden, shopping, cleaning… it all seems to run together…

These are some photos I have been wanting to post for some time now… here they are!!

             *******************

Cleaning up the Breakfast area and switching tables :)

 DSC_0002

**I still need to clean off this table, but at least there is more room to walk around it!!HPIM1072 

Cleaning, repainting and rearranging the Dining Room.  Still more to do, but I am happy with it so far!!

DSC_0004 HPIM1074

Lily playing with a bag full of packing peanuts..DSC_0008

Tons of blueberries to put away… jams and lots in the freezer

DSC_0011

Pa gave us a lot if corn from their garden… YUMMY!!  We will be cooking LOTS of corn this fall/winter!! 

DSC_0012

Jake found an abandoned fawn on the side of the road.  He was a calm little thing.  Lily enjoyed petting him. He just sat there.   DSC_0364

RAIN!!!  We finally got rain!!!!  Can you tell we were excited!!! Lily was a bit apprehensive when we first got outside.  “Mama, I need my rain boots on!!”  Then she felt the mud between her toes and proceeded to JUMP!!!  “Can I sit down??”  Um- of course!!!!  It was a FUN afternoon!!!HPIM1014 HPIM1017

Lily built this with her blocks.  It is a boat (big orange rectangle) in the water (blue around) with lots of alligators (smaller orange rectangles) and a bridge (yellow piece)…  HPIM1024

Cherry tomatoes and carrots (or that is what they are suppose to be) from the garden…HPIM1027

Sweet potatoes from the garden.  Which reminds me, that is on my to-do list this week.  Dig up more potatoes… yummy!! We are not sure if this looks more like a duck or a stomach (if it is turned the other way….) But is sure is GOOD!!!HPIM1028

Cousins that came to visit.  Holding the kittens,HPIM1034

Swimming in a nearby creek…HPIM1038 HPIM1044

Playing a cooking game…

HPIM1051 

Placemats (quilted, too) found at Big Lots for 75 cents…  SUPER CUTE!!HPIM1053

Swimming at Robin Lake.

HPIM1056 

Learning to swim with Bidi and sassy

HPIM1058 HPIM1059

Jumping, well, actually she just wanted to hug the turtle….

HPIM1066

Sliding, she climbed up the other side all by herself!!

HPIM1067 

Before and after photos of our Home School shelf.  Jon still needs to attach the doors, but this is it.  All of Lily’s art supplies are in the bottom.  It will be hidden by the doors.  Her writing stuff is on the bottom visible shelf, then my books and Jon’s are on the two up top.  Lily is excited about it.  She keeps asking me when we can start home school.  I think she is excited to get into the art supplies…  crayons, glue, markers, construction paper, play-doh, stickers, etc… 

HPIM1052HPIM1073

3 comments:

  1. You have been very busy!
    I enjoyed all of the wonderful photos.
    It looks like you are having a lovely summer full of adventure.
    Your wedding photos are the sweetest thing. You both make a sweet couple together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been quite busy. I love the wedding pictures too! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lakes! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete