About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

08 March 2011

March madness

I cannot believe it is March alredy... I know, I am into the second week of March, but it is just now hitting me. We have sunshine today, but alot of rain tomorrow and temps back down in the 40s... not too thrilled with that. I had gotten use to the warm 60/70 degree weather from the past few weeks. (I cannot believe I just blogged about the weather...)

Olivia has warmed up to us, well Lily and myself. She is still a bit apprehensive about Jon. I have gotten pretty use to having a 1 year old around my feet again, but am still having trouble doing daily things. I finally have peace about not having a baby of my own, I am almost turned off by the thought of loosing sleep, changing diapers all the time, feeding every two hours, etc... But this little cutie, alseep on a folded quilt, well, I wouldn't mind keeping her forever! :)

Life is busy here. I wake up, feed breakfast to anything with a mouth, read books to the girls, clean the kitchen, change diapers (Lily hopes each one is dirty, I pray none of them are), clean up the house, make lunch, clean the kitchen again, get the kids down for nap and quiet time, I get a couple hours for myself- usually spend working on photos, then snack, clean diapers, play, more books, 30 min tv show, Olivia goes home. It is usually then that I realize that I forgot to take something out of the freezer for supper, I rack my brain and search my pantry for quick meals that will fit into the Thrive meal plan, fix supper, clean the kitchen, clean up Lily, brush teeth, read a book and off to bed for her. I spend a few minutes cleaning up the house, again, then shower and bed for me, knowing that in 9 hours I will do it all over again.

Funny thing is- I love it! Well, most of the time. I love being here to take care of my family. I love teaching Lily how to make smart decisions about food, about clothes to wear that day. I like teaching her how to weight decisions to make the right or best one for her and for her day. We really havent been doing "school" much these past few weeks. I am finding it hard to teach her while Olivia is trying to get into all of Lily school stuff. Lily also doesnt like her messing with her stuff. I am the same way though. I am just having a hard time getting into a good functional routine these past few week, I cannot get motivated to sit down with Lily and work on stuff... I am also ADD which doesnt help. speaking of which- I miss having m ADD cleaning days, you know, those days where you pick up one thing to put it away then see something else that needs to be done. ie: cleaning the living room I see a hair brush, I pick it up to take it to the bathroom when I realize the bathroom needs cleaning. I clean it up, take the towels out then decide to do a little laundry. That is when I see shoes at the front door that need to go to my room... Alot of fun (for me anyway) a bunch of little things get cleaned up and I am moving constantly so I feel better. This is hard to do with a 1 year old following everywhere.

I had the spring consignment sale this past weekend. I LOVE IT!!! I get 2 days, all to myself. I take the clothes up on Thursday noon-ish, spend all day in Newnan and shop that evening, then I go back Saturday to do a little 1/2 price shopping and pick up whatever didnt sell. It is awesome. A day just to me. A day to hunt for clothes for Lily for the upcoming season. I look for both play and good clothes, I look for shoes, a few toys, books... This year I found a few books for science for school. She has already gone through most of them, I am excited she likes them so much. I also found a book on tissue paper flowers. We have made a few already and it is SO easy and so pretty! Lily likes to blend the colors together to make rainbow flowers.

Thursday I go to N. Ga for a sewing expo. SUPER excited about this, too!! I am hoping to take my sewing machine and maybe get it fixed while there. I miss not being able to sew, I have a pile of patterns that are pinned, they just need to be stitched together. Dresses, aprons, baby stuff... I could probably spend all weekend just sewing and I might get caught up :)

Maybe this is why we haven't done much school work. Every week for the past month there has been something planned at least once a week that puts a kink into the rest of the week. Well, I will hope that is the reason. This Thursday is the last "planned" event until May, so maybe we can finish up lessons by then...

Sorry for the randomness of my thoughts today. I just had alot bouncing through my head :) I hope you all are doing well!!

~ Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment