I feel as though I have been MIA, missing in action, these past few months.
While watching Olivia, I was up at 7:30 and physically and mentally occupied with her until 5:30. I am not a morning person, 8:30 is usually the normal wake up time for me. I LOVE that Lily is independent and is happy to just play on her own at times.
I haven’t had much time to sew or work on crafts, blog or even- CLEAN!! I actually like to clean. I love that fresh clean lemony smell! Makes me smile to just think about.
Yesterday was my last day watching Olivia. I was suppose to have her until the end of June, at which time her parents were planning on moving. They applied for an extension on their housing agreement so they will be here for another year. Olivias grandmothers are taking turns visiting this summer so she is with them. Her mother has asked me to keep her in September, but I have decided not to.
I was not able to watch Olivia and teach Lily very well these past few months. We were not able to go out very often on field trips or even run errands.
I am in such awe of you moms that have 2 or more kids!! How do you divide up your time and attention? How do you get things done when you are needed by someone at all times?? I am completely inspired by you all!!
My birthday was Thursday- I turned 30. I am not big on celebrating my own birthday, but love to make a big deal over Lily’s.
Friday was the HS conference and WOW- I bought so many books, I am so excited about them all! Lily is too!! I will write about them later.
Sunday was Mothers Day. We went to the Cotton Pickin’ Fair. A HUGE country crafts fair every spring and fall, it is great!!!
Which brings me to this week!
I am exhausted!!
I cannot wait until tomorrow morning when I can sleep in just a little bit later.
I can clean a little bit more. I can organize another room!
I am excited now!!

Hope you had a happy mother's day! Can't wait to read about what you bought at the convention. Did you get the catalog from Rainbow Resources? It's like the size of a phone book!
ReplyDeleteBTW, how do you get your name stamp/copyright on the bottom of your photos? I use photoshop, and I have no clue how to do that.
I love to clean too! I always say "A clean house is a happy house!" and I will never forget the time my stepson sat down after we cleaned the whole house and said "You're right, the house is much happier clean!" And he meant it!
ReplyDeleteAs for more than two kiddos...I can't give any motherly advice, but I am one of 6 kids myself and while at times my parents were worn thin, they prioritized and did a great job at it! Our house was a little dirtier, yard not mowed as often as it should have been, piles of laundry, etc. but we had a great time hiking creeks, relaxing in daddy's arms, playing sports with our parents present, etc. I plan on having 3-4 kids plus my stepson, so I sure hope I have my parents gifts!
Enjoy your weekend and your sleep!
Happy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have been one busy mama:)
I've kept a little boy before, right after Sadie was born. It's hard. Mostly because they are not your child. Trust me, life is much easier when it's your own. Everything is different when it's someone elses child.
It's a little late but...
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!
You and I sound alike with having fun organizing the house. I love it too!