ok- so a few of you are posting about your snow covered yards and all the yummy hot chocolate you are drinking... making me JEALOUS!! ;)
** FYI- the photos in this blog are from a winter vacation a year ago in Boone, NC… not from anywhere near our home… just wanted to let you know **
Lily (4 years old) wakes up a bit earlier than normal this morning, comes to sit on the sofa with me as we wait for Olivia to arrive. She looks out the living room window, the sun just coming up. Her eyes get HUGE and she gasps. I turn around to look, not seeing anything I ask "What did you see?"
"Mama- do you see all that WHITE!!! It is SNOW! We have snow!! I cannot believe it!" I am trying to control my face. I want to laugh so badly!! She is so serious. I hated telling her it was frost and would melt with in the next 10 minutes...
Poor girl- she watches the weather every morning with me, seeing all the snow NY has been getting. She still hasn't grasped the concept that we are a bit more south than NY and that we will be lucky if we see snow again this year...
Jon telling Lily how to ride safely
Lily riding down, then Jon
I had to have a little ride, too…
Lily was so proud of her snow man!
Making snow angels
Walking through the woods with Jon
I, personally, am ok with the lack of snow. I like to look at it, but do not like being cold. Hot fire place and hot tea, with a good book, make me oh so happy on snow days!!! Some people rush to grocery stores to stock up on milk, bread, etc... I would head to the library and get a stack of books!!! I will go out in the snow for firewood, feed the animals and take TONS of photos... but after all that is done, I will rarely get out. Jon likes the cold so it is a great daddy daughter bonding activity for him and Lily. Building snowmen smaller that Lily, sledding in the snow, throwing tiny snow balls... :)
Take care, my bloggy friends, and STAY WARM!! :)
~Kristina

I wish I could send you all our snow! Pretty to look at but not to clean up and drive in, lol.
ReplyDeleteHave a great night.
Blessings,
Jill
Oh it's pretty! and I it fits very well with my tomorrows post:)
ReplyDeleteWe are library book people too before the snow settles in. But we go and get milk b/c for whatever reason somehow it goes faster when it snows.
ReplyDelete