About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

11 January 2011

A Woman of Simplicity

I am working through the book Becoming a Woman of Simplicity by Cynthia Heald.  I started reading this book over Thanksgiving, hoping to get a few chapters under my belt before the New Year started.  I would like to simplify my life in so many ways.

Heald reminds me that  simplicity must come from within.  When we are inwardly simple- at rest, free, willing to trust- then we can step into a chaotic world and be at peace.” 

I want a simple house, a simple life.  I don’t do well with chaos, clutter, mess.  I like things orderly and punctual.  I like things to flow smoothly.  But I know that things will not always flow smoothly.  I am lucky if they flow at all.  A lot of times in my life things are more bumpy than flowing.  But I think that is what she is trying to say here-  be at peace within and the bumps wont bother me as much.

We are to live simply and purely in devotion to Christ”.  This, too, is something I long to have.  A serious devotion time with Him.  I want to be able to set aside time to read His love letters to me, to learn how he wants me to live then to be able to apply it to my life.  It is hard for me to make this time, I feel as though I should always be moving, always be doing something physically, visually productive. 

“The purpose (of this Bible study) is to encourage you to life life the way God has planned for you.  I think His way is one of inner peace and rest in the midst of a complex and busy world.  My definition  of a woman of simplicity is one who lives a God-paced life.  She waits for Gods leading, and she has time to be still and know her Lord.  She has a deep abiding rest in her spirit.  She is a woman of profound simplicity because she has only one focus: being simply and purely devoted to Christ.”       Heald

I am re-reading chapter 1, going through the verses again. I hope to  spend a week on each chapter, reading the verses, jotting notes and thoughts.  Follow along, if you would like, I always enjoy company while on a journey…

I really enjoyed reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartin.  I can not wait to see where this study takes me.

~Kristina

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book that I would enjoy studying. I can't wait to see what else you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing this study as well. We will have to compare notes. I am planning to blog about it on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something about re- reading and really soaking up a book that "speaks to you". The second (or fifth) time through is still able to touch you, if you just sit still and let God speak.

    ReplyDelete