I am not one to dwell on what could have been or what might have been… I can usually let dreams go when they are not achieved, I just move onto my next dream…
I have always wanted a big family. I wanted 2 or 3 children of my own, delivered from by belly, then adopt a few more later on in life. I wanted my children to be about 3 years apart. It did not matter if they were boys or girls… secretly I have always leaned towards girls- I don’t know what to do with a boy even though I am pretty tomboyish…
Lily will be 5 in a few months. Jon and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years now. I talked with my doctor, taken medicine that was suppose to increase my chances of getting pregnant. She said if that didn’t work I would be considered infertile. I didn’t take the last dose of medicine because I don’t want that label. I don’t want to think that I will never feel another baby flipping around in my belly.
I want to say- upfront- that those of you who read this blog and are pregnant I am over the moon happy for you ladies!! I don’t want any of you to think that is aimed at ANY of you!!! This is just me spilling my heart out, crying over dreams…
I see commercials on TV for baby stuff and it makes my heart ache. I hear of friends that get pregnant with out wanting to be, with out trying or within a year of their first baby and my heart aches. I hear people say they are Fertile Myrtles and it makes me so mad! Why are they so fertile and not me? Why can’t friends notice my pain and not make a big deal out of their over-fertileness?? I can be happy for their success, I just ask for a little sympathy, compassion and support for my lack of…
We have friends over to play a lot. A week or so ago we had a little boy here, he is about 2. I just sat on the porch and watched them. Him, in overalls, playing with Lily, in a dress and boots. Two little country kiddos… They were digging in the mud, playing so great together. It gave me a little glimpse of what could have been. I am now keeping a 1 year old little girl. She is a DOLL!!! Sweet as can be! Now daily, I am getting that glimpse…
I absolutely LOVE my daughter and try to never take her for granted. I know that I am beyond blessed to have such a healthy, kind, loving daughter! I don’t sit and mope about not having another child, but it is still in the front of my mind. Every month that my period is a little late I wonder… every time a gas bubble moves or pops in my belly I wonder, when the smell of something makes me a little nauseas I wonder…
I know that God is in control, and that he has a plan for me, for us. And this gives me comfort, it helps me to not get discouraged or depressed. But the longing is still here…

I know this is tough for you kristina, and it is easier for me to say than you that "God has a plan" and to just let things be and realize things happen or dont happen when you want for a reason...a reason you wont know for awhile. Perhaps there is a little one that is waiting on your adoption letters...be greatful that you HAD that experience with lilyanne cause many women never know it. I love you and wish I could I say know how you feel..i do but its about Africa...two different directions :) have faith, trust, and learn to let go and let God :)!!
ReplyDeleteKricket
Keeping you in my prayers, I have been on this difficult journey as well. I was told I'd never be able to have kids. 2 miracles later 11 years of prayers and I proved them wrong. Don't lose hope... God has a plan.
ReplyDeleteblessings,
Jill
Hang in there. Have hope and faith and take each day with little Lilly and be thankful. I've cried similar prayers and I feel your pain, but remember to put your mind on eternity and I pray this will give you comfort.
ReplyDelete{{I had your email on my yahoo account, but I've switched to hotmail and I wanted to post tomorrow about Art and photography. May I link your etsy site to this and talk a bit about your site?}}
(hugs)
Amanda
homegrownandbeeyoutiful@hotmail.com