About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

28 January 2011

Simplicity- week 2

I am a bit behind on writing about week 2.  I am already half way through week 3’s study.

Going through my notes, I thought I had already blogged about this chapter, maybe I am just remembering commenting on Lecia’s blog about this chapter… hmm, not sure…

Chapter two is about Gracious Acceptance.  When I first read the title I thought about accepting gifts that I really wasn’t sure what to do with, but being gracious, thankful for the gift, for the thought, the time that person put into getting it for me.  Not exactly!!   This week was an eye opener for me.  It made me rethink a lot of what I thought I knew.  This will be a somewhat long post due to all going through my mind…

Heald writes about a woman realizing “that I don’t have to do anything to be valuable to God.  He loves me for just who I am.”  I had never thought about it that way.  God loves me, every bit of who I am, the good and the bad, the pretty and the ugly.  I am His masterpiece!

I have searched for approval, in all the wrong ways.  I searched for approval from friends, from my parents, my husband, church family…  It is so nice to know when I am doing good at something, that I am where I think I should be and am appreciated.  It is hard at times to do what I know is right, when others will think it is the wrong thing to do or don’t support me.  It is harder still, to deep down, honestly, 100% know that God accepts me, no matter what.  That I don’t have to win his approval. That I don’t have to do a million things to earn his love.   AMAZING!!  This one thought will change me!

“Doing to earn acceptance robbed the woman of a life of rest and simplicity”   How often am I running all over the place doing this, doing that, trying to make everyone happy only to end the week worn out, tired, frustrated and not at all in a state of rest and simplicity??  I spend all my time and energy trying to please other people instead of taking the time to learn about God, to feel his love, to hear what he has to say and what he wants me to be doing!

“You are saved, not because of what you do, but because of what Christ did.  And you are special, not because of what you do, but because of whose you are.  And you are his.”

Max Lucado

One of the questions was about Psalm 131.  I am asked how Davids description of the weaned child helps me to understand what it is to be at rest…

1) Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty.  I don’t concern myself with matters too great or awesome for me.    2) But I have stilled and quieted myself, just as a small child is quiet with its mother.  Yes, like a small child is my soul within me.     3) O Israel, put your hope in the Lord- now and always.

Psalm 131    NLT

Lily loves to snuggle up beside me in the morning.  She is happy to just sit there, spending time with me, quietly, not saying much.  I love that time with her,too.  It soothes my soul, it calms my spirit.  I wonder if that is what David is talking about.  The peace you feel when you are in Gods presence, the calm, the quiet, the comfort of his arms around you. 

I hope that I can sit quietly in his presence, like Lily does with me.  I hope that I will always be able to feel the calm, the peace that only He can offer, that only He provides.  I hope to be able to spend more time in his word…

DSC_0035DSC_0040

* These photos aren’t exactly us sitting quietly together, but it was a very fun day.  She is about 2 in these photos. She was also doing her best to convince Jon to let her bring home the piglet and bunny… There was a little coaxing on my part, tee hee…*

~  Kristina

1 comment:

  1. have mercy, your header is amazingly magnificant! I just love it!

    What a great post. Lecia was saying that she was on ch. 3 and talked about how much she was enjoying it. I've already told her that i'm borrowing it after she finishes. What an axcellent book.

    Great post and sweet photos of you and your Lily!

    **love the notecards:)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete