About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

17 January 2011

Simplicity, week 1

“I was doing a lot of good things, but they were taking the place of the most important.  I needed to abide- to stay connected to the lord by taking his yoke and walking with Him throughout each day.”  Cynthia Heald

I need to abide.  I long to be connected to Him, daily, wanting Him to walk beside me in everything I do…

Abiding is not an activity; it is a lifestyle.  It is reordering my whole perspective on life so that my sole purpose is to live simply and purely in devotion to the Lord.  It is letting the Lord be my Shepherd who leads me along right paths.  It is seeking His kingdom and His righteousness.  It is being still and waiting patiently for the Lord by spending special time with Him, sitting at His feet and reading His word.  Abiding allows the Lord to bring interesting people, worthy activities and valuable things into my life in the right way, at the right time, and for His purpose.  Because the Lord is my Shepherd I am prompted to prune activities and eliminate hindrances that would draw my away from Christ.”  Cynthia Heald

This paragraph says it all- for me, to me…

~ Kristina

4 comments:

  1. Sometime others speak what is in OUR hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the line "abiding is not an activity; it is a lifestyle". Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina,
    Abiding is something I am learning...
    LOVE this study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Thanks for stopping by to visit me and for your sweet comment! Have a great day!
    blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete