About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

19 July 2010

blueberries- what to do…

Last week, I went to my grandparents house twice and picked blueberries.  I am SPOILED now… I will never pick blueberries the same way again.  I wish I had gotten photos of how they looked, but I’m sure you can use your imagination.  Blueberries hanging by the bunches.  They looked like small blue grapes.  EVERYWHERE!!!  A gallon picked in less than 30 minutes!

DSC_0013DSC_0133  DSC_0135  

I now have 5+ gallons of blueberries in my house.  2 gallons are already bagged and in the freezer, waiting to be used for pies, muffins, smoothies, and breakfast.  But what to do with the other 3+ gallons???  I am planning on making jam with some of them.  But is there anything else I can do??

Any suggestions???

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...
    Well, the first thing I do with any fresh berries around here is make a pie.
    We totally love blueberries in yogurt and add some granola on top.
    I've never had blueberry jam, you will have to let me know how that is.
    I just would totally go out into a blueberry theme. Like, google blueberry recipes and see what comes up. I don't know anyone here with an abundant supply of blueberries. In the store, the prices are OUTRAGEOUS around here and so it's one fruit that we LOVE, but unfortunate enought that we can't get em' for free. {I am a little jealous, I have to admit} those photos are BEAUTIFUL!
    please, please let me know what you decide to do with them.{i can dream can't I?}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok- random road trip!!! :) Im coming your way with a bucket full... (If only) I will have to google and see what comes up. I like jam better than jelly, I think it tastes more like the real fruit, I also like the thickness of it, too :) Photos and recipes to follow soon of what all I come up with!!

    ReplyDelete