About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

30 July 2010

our house’s journey :)

I thought I would go through a bunch of photos and see how far we have come on the house.  It helps me to be more appreciative of what all we have already gotten done.

We started 2 1/2 years ago.  (even before we moved in or bought the house).  Project # 1 was taking up the pink carpet and putting down hardwood floor.  # 2 was Tree frog’s room.  I wanted to make sure she had a clean safe place to sleep and play while all the construction was being done.  #3 was the kitchen, #4 was the hall bathroom…  And we have stopped there for now…  with other repairs being necessary…

  The house was built in 1980.  It was the home of my paternal grandparents.  My grandfather passed away last February, and we bought it in March.  He seemed happy that it would stay in the family.  We have dreams of having a few cows of our own, a wonderful and productive garden, flower gardens everywhere and an amazing back deck…  I am excited about the back deck, I love drinking coffee or hot tea in the cool mornings while watching the mist rising off the lake :)  This is my “heaven on earth”… I have always wanted to live here.  I would bring boyfriends from high school and college here while we were dating and if they said they would never want to live here, I knew we were not meant to be together.  Hubby and I share the same dreams.  I knew he was the one, shortly after we met.  I just love that man!!

view from the front pasture:_DSC0203 

Front yard: * New roof has been put on since this photo was taken…

House

Backyard:  *And French drains were put in all around the foundation… so no green grass in this yard right now :)

back yard

*Three loads of gravel needed for the French drains…

DSC_0244

**  It was a COLD muddy mess putting in the drains in February!!

DSC_0240

Kitchen:  *We still have to tile the backsplash and finish up a little crown moldings…

_DSC0146 DSC_0160DSC_0140DSC_0141

Breakfast nook: DONE  :)

_DSC0141DSC_0159DSC_0143

Tree frog’s room: Done :)

_DSC0160    DSC_0138 _DSC0161DSC_0139  

Living room:  A good paint job is needed in here, but done otherwise…

 _DSC0133DSC_0144  

We need to finish the flooring in the dining room, remodel our bathroom and closet, then finish the upstairs bathroom and the two bedrooms need a little cosmetic changes…

This is our happy little house…  Lots to do, lots of existing memories and so many more to make… 

God is good!!!

4 comments:

  1. You have a lovely home!
    It looks like it has come a long way from start to finish.
    It helps me as well to look back at old photos to see where we have come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home! We have done many remodeling projects, and we now live in our 7th home. I love looking back at what we had done. This home is newer, but my heart lies with older homes! The older the better, like a nice Victorian...someday LOL
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful home and what a blessing that it has stayed in the family!

    ReplyDelete