There are weeks that extra time is never ending, then there are weeks like the past two that I wish I could save up that extra time, use it like roll over minutes on a cell phone plan, and apply it to this week. We had the yard sale last week. (Didn’t go very well), but it was a week in non stop cleaning and purging and sorting and organizing. Phone calls, random visits from strangers to sift through my belongings to see if anything measured up to their standards, or so it felt... Mama kept Lily for a few days which helped oh so much, but even with out Lily here... what I would have given for a cup of sweet tea on a porch with a cool breeze. We sold a good bit of smaller items, which helps clean out space, but I was really hoping for a few larger items to go... Oh well, they will go onto the local bulletin board. :)
Shadow had her puppies. Shadow was a 4th of July puppy (6 years ago) and she had her first litter a few days before Christmas and this litter came just a few days after July 4th… I think she is a holiday dog :) She came back to the house all thin and I knew she had the puppies during the night, but I didn’t know where, so Lily and I grabbed a clothes basket and started our trek up the dirt road with Shadow leading the way. After a maze through the woods, across the creek (2 or 3 times), under trees, through brush and 4 foot tall grass we finally found the puppies. They were under a few trees that had fallen over the years, also a place we passed in the beginning- go figure!! 10 puppies in all. 2 white and 8 black. A few black puppies have white toes. SUPER cute!! I cant wait to post photos of them. We lost one black puppy this morning, not sure the cause. But the rest of the puppies and Shadow are all in the dog pen.
Bo and Sprinkles, the orange and calico kitten passed away last week, too. Bo crawled up into Jon’s engine (a diesel) and we are not sure where Sprinkles went. We are thinking a Chicken Hawk or an Owl got her. So we are left with Shiny, the little white kitten.
Needless to say- busy week, I feel like I am playing catch up, trying to get everything done that didn’t get the attention it needed last week…
This week, Monday was all day shopping ( LaGrange is the closest city with a decent shopping and it is 35 minutes away), so we hit up Wal-mart, Kroger and sometimes if attitudes are good Big Lots and our favorite- the DOLLAR STORE!!! Today was spent... well, um... I’m not sure what I did today. I vacuumed, I do remember that... oh well, at least my floors are clean :) Tomorrow my focus (hopefully) will be the laundry, one of my favorites. I just love the smell of my laundry hanging out. It makes all my worries melt away.
How is your week going?

You all have been busy! We have too. I feel the same way as you...trying to play catch up around here AND get ahead at the same time. Hope it's a great day!
ReplyDeleteTake time to REST!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are in need of some.
We are ORGANIZING!
I am tired too!
I am right there with you on your porch sipping on a glass of sweet tea. oooh wee!