About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

05 July 2010

Homebody??

Someone called me a homebody a few months ago... Really made me upset. Im not sure why, but I guess in my mind (at that time) a homebody was someone that just stayed home and was perfectly content not going out, meeting up with friends, going on trips. It was someone that would much rather just be by themself and their family and no one else.

Well- today I was hanging out laundry. I have found the perfect combination of laundry detergent and fabric softener. I just LOVE the way it smells :) So anyway, I am hanging out the laundry. The kittens are around my feet playing. The dogs are wrestling beside the tree, there is a wonderfully cool breeze blowing. Jon is at home today working on his "honey-dew list" ;) and Lily is playing in her room. Yet, despite our current situation, I was insanely HAPPY. I just about screamed for absolute, pure JOY. I have been feeling no worries, no concerns. Nothing but calm, happiness. I am LOVING life, more than ever before.
So I got started thinking- if this is how a 'homebody' feels, then sign me up!! I would be perfectly happy feeling this kind of bliss for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong. I love meeting my friends for coffee, or getting the kids together for an afternoon at the park. I would love to take trips and explore new places. But on the other hand- there is so much to explore right here. I didn't know that there was a creek only 5 miles from our house. We have taken Lily and her cousins TWICE just this weekend, and I can assure you, we will be there at least once a week the rest of this summer. It is AWESOME!
So, all this to say- I guess I am a homebody. I am not sure what is means, but I am happy being at home. I am happy serving my famliy, taking care of them and our house. I am happy teaching my daughter, all while being at home. I love cooking, cleaning, planing, organizing, preparing, decorating, teaching, loving, nuturing at home.
** My random thoughts for today** :)

4 comments:

  1. I like random thoughts! :) I am a homebody but I am the same as you...I like to get out and be with friends. I love to explore new places. I LOVE to travel! But I love to come home at the end of the day...even to this little house that we have completely outgrown. There's just something here that all of those other places can't give me. And even though I like to go, I don't like to go too much. If I'm on the go all of the time, I get stressed. For me, I need a good balance of the two - home and going. Anyway, there's my random thoughts comment! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl...I would love to have a house to be able to hang out laundry and let the dogs just run and play, and hear the crickets and watch the cows that WOULD be bliss. Being a homebody isnt a bad thing! I enjoy being home with chance. But us being homebodies consist of chance playing video games and me working on school work...nothing blissful like your homebody situation..but i still like just having him home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good random thoughts for today!
    I am suuuuch a homebody it's pitiful.
    I do get out, don't get me wrong, but when i do, I promise you it's not far!
    enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am a homebody. I like to get together with friends. But I am also a real homebody. Nothing makes me happier than a day at home serving my family!

    ReplyDelete