About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

02 July 2010

Dave Ramsey Yard Sale

Jon and I have decided to have a yard sale, Dave Ramsey style.  “Sell everything so the kids think they are next”!!  We put an add in the paper for an estate sale, and will have the “official” yard sale Thursday – Saturday of next week.  People have been coming by all day today to look at all the furniture we are trying to sell, but no buyers yet.  And I haven’t even priced anything. 

Despite putting in applications on both of our parts, there has been only one call for an interview.  It was determined that Jon was not exactly qualified for that particular position.  I have to admit I am surprised at myself.  I’m not freaking out! I preach financial security regularly to Jon.  It is something I have always felt I needed to feel safe.  I don’t need materialistic things, just enough money in savings to cover an emergency like car accident, medical emergencies or job emergencies.  I am glad we have been able to put into savings because we are in the later of the three.  It has been two months of him working part time at the rental store.  Our saving has been depleted and here I sit, cool as cucumber, not worried.  I have a peace that things will be ok.  A peace that I know ONLY comes from God placing his hand on my shoulder and saying “Chill Kristina, I’ve got it covered”. 

So, we are having a yard sale. I am excited!!  :)  I have been wanting to simplify our lives, get rid of clutter and junk, make room to move around the house, give me less things to dust around…  So this is what I am thinking-

Maybe God has us to this point to help us simplify our lives.  Maybe we have been focusing too much on what is in the house and not in our hearts.  Jon and I have really had to talk about what all items were most important to us, what we can and cant live without, etc.  With this ‘job situation’ he has been home most evenings and on Sundays.  We are finally getting to do a nightly bible study together,  I love this time together.  I honestly believe that out of this seemingly horrible situation (everyone always says “Oh I’m so sorry he lost his job! Well, I’m not!!)   :)  something wonderful is happening.  We are growing closer, we are learning more about each other, we are understanding each other more.  It is AWESOME!!

So bring on the yard sale week.  Come one, Come all!  Buy my stuff, help me pay bills and simplify my life.  I am excited, I cant wait.  I love what God is doing in my life right now!!  God is oh so good!!

What is God doing in your lives??  Id love to hear!  Have a Happy 4th of July!

~ Kristina

3 comments:

  1. I hope the yard sale goes well. I've had my Dave Ramsey book out again and blowing the dust off of it! :) We may be joining you soon with a Dave Ramsey yard sale.
    We've seen God take care of some needs here lately that could only have been a God thing. Seriously, I could easily list three things that happened this last week that were all Him. It has been very humbling to remember that He cares so deeply about even some of the "smaller" things in our lives. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Go!
    I know it will be a success.
    While it can be a hard thing to 'let things go', in the same breath, it's very liberating.

    What God is showing me at the moment is that if there is something in my life that needs to be pruned or cut out and I can't prune or cut it out...God will. and It's way better when I can realize what needs to be cut out and take care of it before God get's hold of it. Especially when I KNOW it needs to go and keep shoving it back into my life at just the moment that I've told God that I am not going to keep it.
    Let's just say there is a little thing that I need to clip away in my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina,
    I can so relate to where you are right now. God is doing a mighty work in your family and I am excited to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete