About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

24 May 2010

Chapter 13

This chapter needed a post all on its own…

Chapter 13- His Trials

   If you have never been through a trial, please email me-  I would LOVE to meet you… maybe some of your luck will rub off onto me  :)  

Our attitude is what matters most when we go through tough times.  We can give in to the bad thoughts and emotions and give the enemy an open door to make things absolutely horrible, or we can pray about it, keep a positive attitude, remember our blessings, have hope, patience and peace during it.

“Whether it feels like it or not, when we serve God, His love attends every moment or our lives- even the toughest, loneliest, most painful and desperate.  He is always there in our midst, working things out for good when we pray and look to Him to do so.”   Omartian

“If your husband is going through a difficult time, carry it in prayer, but don’t carry the burden.  Even thought you may want to, don’t try to take away his load and make it yours. That will ultimately leave him weak or like a failure.  Besides, God doesn’t want you doing His job.  He doesn’t want you trying to be the Holy Spirit to your husband.  Even though it hurts to see him struggle and you want to fix it, you cant.  You can pray, encourage, and support, but God uses trials for His purpose and you must stay out of His way. “  Omartian

OK- I think this chapter was written especially for me!! I added this last quote/paragraph because it describes me to a T!!   When things aren’t going like I think they should, I take over.  I am not exactly known for my patience (Even though I am working on it).  I am learning during our trials right now, that I do need to step back and let God take control.  I am learning that He will guide Jon to do the right thing without my interference.  It is so hard to not say anything about how I think things need to be done.  I have a time or two, given my thoughts or suggestions…  At times like this though, I guess I need to pray instead of opening my mouth :)

“If nothing can separate your husband from the love of God, then no matter how bad it gets, he always has hope.”  Omartian

Kristina

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I get carried away with certain things and I find myself stepping into something without consulting with God first...
    WRONG!
    We can encourage and support our husbands in decisions, but in the end, THEY {as the head of our home} are held accountable to God.
    I tell you I appreciate being the weaker of the two.
    It's a huge world out there for our husbands..Yes much like a battle field.
    Let's just love them humbly and submit to God's good plan for marriage.

    Sounds like your into some good chapters!

    ReplyDelete