What is your purpose? What do you feel God has for you to do? This chapter deals with Gods purpose for our husbands.
Our husbands may not know what their call from God is. We need to be there for them, while they learn what it is and while they prepare for it. We need to pray that our men hear Gods call.
Omartain says we need to pray “Lord, take my husband from this place, reveal to him what You’ve called him to be, and open doors to what he should be doing.” WOW- Can you imagine the results of that prayer?? First, husband loses his job or gets a promotion or changes departments. Next he has to learn all about the new job or find a new job. In today’s world new jobs are hard to come by. The stress that they would be going through whether the job situation is good or bad. But then- something wonderful happens. They start to ‘glow’ from the peace that they are where God wants them to be. They have a calm and an enjoyment about work. They are doing Gods will! How awesome to think about! I’m not sure if this is how it works, but in my happy little mind it makes sense to me.
While our men are figuring out their purpose for Gods will, Omartain says it is our purpose to support them, to pray for them and encourage them in any way possible. God has perfect timing, and if we submit to God, his timing for what he has called us to do will work out perfectly. He is a perfect God, an awesome God!!
Kristina

Really enojoyed reading this. I think this is a very important thing to focus on in our prayers to God for our husbands...but it also affects the entire family unit..which is something God is passionate about ( i think)
ReplyDeleteGreat Post!!!
I am learning to pray for so much for my hubby (and myself) that I have never thought to pray for. I use to pray help us make a wise decision, or take care of them at work... now it is so much more specific. Challenging, but at the same time very rewarding to see changes happening in his/our lives... The book is easy to read and the chapters are usually no more than 2 pages. I like to read one chapter and focus on it for a few days..
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
I will have to grab this read once I finish reading the two I have already started and haven't finished!
ReplyDelete