I love Sundays. We have church in the mornings. My parents and Granma go to our church, too. It was actually my Granma’s church first, then we joined and a few months ago my parents joined too. How many churches can say they have 4 generations in them :)
Anyway- We were singing in church, Lily standing beside me (on the pew) dancing.I told her she needed to stay still and stop wiggling. Well, in her 3 year old wisdom, she taught me something very important. She says “Mama, I’m dancing for him.” "For who?” “For Jesus, he likes me to dance” I just let her keep dancing. Who was I to tell her to stop dancing for Him? I think it made God smile to see someone dancing in worship and not just standing and singing because everyone else was. She was praising God in her own way. It made me really think about what we were singing about, made me really feel what we were singing.
Well, after Church and lunch and a looong nap we all needed- we went outside and I found FLOWERS!!! We had to transplant a lot of bushes and trees during the foundation construction and I get so excited to see something blooming, it is a nice sign that I didn’t kill it while moving it. The photo below is a Mountain Laurel. Apparently my Mawmaw dug one up (from the mountains, I’m guessing) and brought it home. It has been here for a while) Anyway, I was so scared we didn’t get it replanted in time, but yesterday afternoon it had this beautiful surprise for me. One single cluster of blooms!
My second rock garden is planted. It probably wont bloom until next spring, but at least it looks good…
My gardenias started to bloom as well. I checked on it this morning and it is now completely covered with fragrant white blossoms! I can smell them through the windows- I LOVE IT!!!
Jon watered our little veggie garden. We planted corn, sweet potatoes, and he snuck in something else later… not sure what it is. And Lily picked flowers :)
![]()
My green beans are growing fast in the little container garden. I cant wait to pick them and sauté’ them in a little butter and salt. or just eat them raw- yummy!
Yellow blooms means tomatoes will he here soon, too. Lily tasted the first strawberry from the garden. I think it was good. I didn’t get a chance to taste it. She said it was sweet. I guess I will have to wait for the next one.
And that was our Sunday. :)

I love Sundays too!
ReplyDeleteOur children teach us so much. God knew what he was doing all along, if we would take the time to stop and learn a little from them.
Beautiful photos!
Your garden is really growing! We have tomatoes in the ground but they are still small...no blooms yet. We live on the east coast and I am sure the weather is warmer down your way! That's exciting that you may have tomatoes soon. Our family enjoys them most of all.
I enjoyed your pictures! And I love gardenias. They are my favorite yet I have trouble growing them. We had them in our wedding and it smelled absolutely beautiful in that little old country church!
ReplyDelete