We are ok- before anyone starts to worry... but my friends parents home is not. Early yesterday morning (as in 0130) their house caught on fire. It was built in the early 1900's. Everything was lost, the whole house is a pile of black ashes now. It scares me, in the sense that in 5 hours their whole lifetime of physical memories are gone- books, photo albums, little trinkets from the kids... all the "kids" are grown now, married, with kids of their own... Situations like this makes me want to grab all my precious memory items and put them in a fireproof safe, or a bag to grab as I run out the door...
What would those items be for me?:
~ The Bible my mom gave me after graduating from Army training (I know I can always get another Bible, but this one is extra special. I still have the note she sent with the Bible tucked inside)
~ Lilys baby photo album and box of newborn things (first hair cut, NICU items, special outfits, cds with photo shoots, first shoes- that she picked out herself- seriously, she has been a shoe-girl since she could grab her toes!!...)
~ My camera and external hard drive
~ A few old photos of my grandparents when they were young.
I would be saddened by the loss of everything else, but these few things- I would cry over for a while. Anyway- I am sleep deprived right now, so these are thoughts from a very tired mind. I pray a safe nights sleep for you all! May God send angels to protect every corner of your home. Good night

No comments:
Post a Comment