About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

29 May 2010

Busy week

WOW-  what a week it has been!!

  Saturday was the Community Service cookout.  A bunch of families of Police Officers, Fire Fighters and EMTs got together for lunch and fun for kids.   We had an inflatable obstacle course and an inflatable water slide.  Lily spent most of her time on the water slide (I don’t blame her).   Then Saturday evening I took pictures for a Sweet Sixteen party for a friends sister.  It ended up being a late evening.

  DSC_0030 DSC_0037 DSC_0067

On Sunday, after Sunday School, we headed north to the Renaissance Festival with some friends.  It was so much fun.  I had gotten into a “I don’t go anywhere or do anything fun” slump and this was just what I needed.  Lily went on a bunch of rides, we had turkey legs and raspberry slush’s.   Lily got to meet the queen and received a little ring from her.  Afterwards we went back to Patty’s home, had supper and went swimming.  (I didn’t get photos of the swimming part).100_0360 100_0304 100_0336100_0315   100_0334100_0355

Monday was laundry day so it was up early then cleaning all day.  We went out and checked on the garden.  I found out what veggie Jon sneaked in a few weeks ago-  squash and carrots!  We also noticed that the grass needed cutting in the azalea bowl :)

  100_0377 100_0378 100_0379100_0376 100_0390

Tuesday I took a friend to the airport.  She was on her way to visit her daughter for a few weeks.  We had to leave at 0530-  I am not a morning person, but that ride was so wonderful.  Jon was still home so Lily was able to stay here with him.  Then off to LaGrange for our bi-monthly shopping trip.  I was EXHAUSTED!  Supper was Lamb Curry with Brown Rice and a chocolate mousse pie for supper!  It was DELICIOUS!!  Definitely a make again!

100_0396 100_0394   

Wednesday was spent cleaning the house, and playing outside.  Daddy let the cows into the back pasture so they are walking through our front yard, again.  I have to admit-  I missed them.  Especially watching the calf’s playing.  And Lovey, our cow, is expecting to drop her calf any day.  It will be exciting to see what her little calf looks like…

100_0382 100_0361 100_0366

Thursday Jon, Lily and I went to Columbus.  We went by the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) and asked about Jon’s ratings then bought grass seed for the front yard.  We also stopped by Joann’s and I found this ADORABLE fabric (on sale- YAY!!)  and am working on making a dress for Lily’s birthday.  She will be 4 next week…  So excited!!!

100_0415 100_0414

Today is Friday-  I am, once again, cleaning.  Bathrooms, floors and dusting is at the top of my list.  So much to do, so little time  :)  I enjoy being busy, though.  I like seeing projects finished.  Look at what we found outside this morning while I was watering my flowers… super excited!!

100_0391100_0393 

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!  I will keep you all updated on Lily’s dress :)

Kristina

3 comments:

  1. it's refreshing to get out!
    your dinner looks delicious!
    what a neat dress pattern..do share photos once you are finished!!!
    You live on a farm?
    I think one of my favorite things is finding little surprises like your last 2 photos! I feel like I've hit a gold mine sometimes when we are out and find eggs, critters, and in my case old bottles that I clean and bring inside to put more flowers in.
    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your blog! What a fun weekend for you. I love Ren fests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was a busy week! I can't wait to see the dress. And that dinner picture has made me hungry - It looked yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete