About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

12 May 2010

Chpt. 8- His Fears

ok- It has been a while since blogging about this book The Power of a Praying Wife. It has been a crazy last few weeks...

Chapter 8 is about our husbands fears, what they are afraid of and how they handle their fears. Omartain says that men can become captives of fear, when the fear gets so bad it seizes them, when they get attacked by the what if's... Fear can keep our men from experiencing all God has for them.
"There is a difference between a fearful thought that comes as a prompting to pray.. and a tormenting spirit of fear that paralyzes" says Omartian. We are not suppose to understimate their fears, but support them as they fight the urge to give in to them. We should help calm their fears, pray that God protects their minds from the 'what ifs'. How easy it is to give in to the fear that the enemy puts in our minds.
**I really like this part. I think I might make flash cards out of them...**
"When you have the fear of the Lord, God promises to deliver you from your enemies (2 Kings 17:39), protect you from evil (Proverbs 16:6), keep His eye on you (Psalm 33:18), show you His mercy (Luke 1:50), give you riches and honor (Proverbs 22:4), supply everything you need (Psalm 34:9), reveal all you need to know (Psalm 25:14), bless your children (Proverbs 14:26), a satisfying life (Proverbs 19:23), longevity (Proverbs 10:27), and the desires of your heart (Psalm 145:19). What more could you ask? Pray for the comforting, securing, perfect love of the Lord to surround your husband and deliver from from all his fears." Stormie Omartain

~ Reading this chapter made me wonder what fears my hubby has... what are my fears? Do I let them paralyze me to a point where I can not take care of my family?? I hope I dont... But I do pray- regularly- when I am afraid. When my husband was getting out of the USMC and about to start working at the FD I emailed a friend and asked how she handled the nights alone... She said she prayed for angels to cover every corner of her home as they slept... I cant begin to tell you how many nights I fell asleep with a peace knowing that there were angels watching over us. I imagined they were sitting on the corners of the roof, keeping watch, making sure we had our hedge of protection... comforting even now to think about.

1 comment:

  1. very encouraging and very true. This sounds like a good book!

    ReplyDelete