I have my work cut out for me!!! After 3 days at the homeschool conference, lots of books looked through and some bought and too many seminars to count I have so much information bouncing through my mind, I dont know where to start...
Well, actually, I do... I will start with Thursday. We, Mama and I, dropped off books for the used books sale (to be held on Friday). Then went to a 3 hour seminar on How to get started, Ga. State laws for homeschooling and Picking out curriculum. A lot of very good ideas, and experience from the speaker. Someone asked her what curriculum to use for a 4 year old (my question, too) she said "Crayola"...??? 3-5 year olds don't need curriculum, they just need to play and color. I learned, from you all too, that I can incorperate school into every day activities, but I dont need to actually 'start' school until closer to 6. Ga state law says I have to start teaching her at age 6 or send her to a school... She will be here with me :)
***fun facts: Ga is rated #50 for public/private school education (out of all the states- ugh!) But we are rated #5 for amount of homeschoolers in our state! Impressive, I think...
Friday Mama, Sassy and I went to the used book sale. I found so many good books! I am so excited about. Hey Amanda- I found Night Light!! I cant wait to start reading it with my hubby!!! I found a few Bible story books for treefrog, and some parenting books for me. I picked up a couple math type books and clock books for treefrog, she likes to tell the time, now... and a really neat book about school in your back yard... it looks FUN! Then after lunch we went to a few seminars. There was a speaker talking about brain typing I was very excited about... it didnt turn out like I thought it would...
Saturday was a few more seminars- Conflict in marriage (excellent), Manners Matter (loved it, I am stickler for manners), and I got tapes on Leadership 101 for dads and The roles of a homeschool husband and father, both for hubby to listen to... Then more shopping in the vendor hall (tons of curriculum booths and do it your self, and healthy eating booths). I saw ALOT more things I wanted to buy, but tried to practice self control... :)
Overall it was a great weekend. I cant wait for next years conference. I love going to the seminars and listening to ways we can improve our lives with our family and God!! I can always use improvement somewhere in my life (actually, ALOT of my life)!! I hope you all had a good weekend too...

glad to hear that you had a good weekend! Yes~it is a lot of information but that's good because it leaves you with a lot of choices.
ReplyDeleteJust think ..years ago you were SO AGAINST homeschooling when you were the student..hahaha how the tables have turned :)
ReplyDeleteloulou