About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

01 June 2010

Dress Update

Ok- Tuesday evening. I have the dress 99% done. I had it basically this far by Saturday, but the zipper.... aaahhhhh that ZIPPER!!!! I was so frustrated with it and was tempted to just superglue the darn thing on when I called my mom. She, sweetheart that she is, dropped what she was doing and coached/lectured/taught me how to fix it. I had done it the right way, just backwards... which is usually the way I do things anyway- woops... I have taken out more stitches than I care to count, resewn the proper fabric to the zipper and have set it aside. It is now 11:00 pm and I am calling it a night. I will have to hand stitch the liner to the zipper tomorrow and attach the sash/ribbons tomorrow night. We head out 0700 Thursday for an appointment in Columbus then pictures and special birthday lunch :) I cant wait. Lilys birthday is ALWAYS fun.
ps- we started a tradition on her 1st birthday (by accident) to get her photo taken every year the day of her birthday. Even though photography is my second job (1st being SAHM) Lily will not sit long enough or smile pretty for me to take her photo... Go figure!!
Photos of the finished dress will come, maybe tomorrow evening... I will have to wait and see how long it takes me to hand stitch the back...
Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment