About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

27 June 2010

Chpt 14: His Integrity

Ok-  I have read this book just about the whole way through.  I just haven’t had the time to actually sit and read my notes on it and put it onto my blog.  Well,  here I go, again… trying to finish up something I started a few months ago  :) 

Integrity:  1) Strict adherence to a standard of value or conduct. 2) Personal honesty and independence. 3) Completeness; unity. 4) Soundness  (According to Webster)

“A man of integrity says something and means it.  He doesn’t play verbal games so you never know where he stands.  He lets his ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes’ and his ‘No’ be ‘No’.  “ Omartian

Reading on through this chapter is says a man will keep his word no matter what is costs him.  He will stand strong in what he believes, a man of truth.  Omartian says integrity happens in the heart, it is a decision our husbands mush choose to do…

“We are to pray that they are shielded from anything that causes his to doubt and waver, and to give them strength to do what is right- even when no one is looking.”  Omartian

Well, there you go-  integrity is how you behave when no one is looking, sticking by what you say and do, being strong in our beliefs.  Easier said than done.

There are so many times I say things to “fit in with the crowd” only to stop and realize- I wasn’t being true to myself, my family and my beliefs.  It is so hard to go back and tell someone “I’m sorry for saying ‘such-n-such’.  This is what I really feel and believe in…”  I need to work on my integrity as well as pray for Jon’s.  I think, tomorrow, if I have time I will recap the previous chapters just to see what all I am suppose to be praying about for Jon.

I hope you all had a great weekend.  We made Cherry Jam/Preserves and Strawberry Jam/Preserves.  I am not sure which one they are, they are thick like jam but with chunks of fruit like preserves.  They are super YUMMY!!!  I will try to post photos of the jars later in the week.

~Kristina

2 comments:

  1. Integrity...
    that's a good word.
    I need to practice daily to have GODLY integrity.
    So what would be the difference between integrity vs godly integrity?
    maybe it would be strict adherence to the standard of value given to us by God's word. Having godly conduct.
    Good stuff today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMmm i want some:) think it will mail good?!! jk

    ReplyDelete