I thought I would do a recap of the chapters I have already covered these past few months. These are my thoughts on each chapter, things I feel I need to work on myself, things I want to be praying for my husband about on a regular basis.
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
Chpt 1- His Wife: Help me to be a good wife!!I pray for a new heart, that God love, peace and Joy will work in me. I pray that I am able to put aside any anger, disrespect or unforgiving thoughts I have towards my husband. Please help me to learn to pray for my husband, to love him in new ways. Show me unconditional love. Make me a new person.
Chpt 2- His Work: Please bless my husband and the work he does. Please help him to see all that he does and to be proud of what he has accomplished. Help me to encourage and support him as he works.
Chpt 3- His Finances: “ Lord, I commit our finances to You. Be in charge of them and use them for Your purpose. May we both be good stewards of all that You give us,and walk in total agreement as to how it is to be dispersed. Show me how I can increase them and not decrease them unwisely. Help us to remember that all we have belongs to you, and to be grateful for it.”
Chpt 4- His Sexuality: I pray for our relationship. Show me how to be more attractive and desirable to him. I pray for help, to be the kind of wife and partner he needs.
Chpt 5- His Affection: Please help us to be more affectionate towards each other. Help us to understand what the other needs and be able to fulfill it. Help us to show how much we care for and value each other.
Chpt 6- His Temptations: I pray that God will strengthen Jon to resist and temptation that comes his way, that a wall of protection will be around him. I pray he will be able to cling to what is good and will be repulsed by tempting situations.
Chpt 7- His Mind: I pray for His protection on Jon’s mind, that he will be able to tell the difference between Gods voice and any other. I pray for strength to resist lying thoughts, anxious for nothing. May his heart and mind be guarded by His peace.
Chpt 8- His Fears: We all have fears, Lord, please protect my husbands mind so that fear does not torment him. Allow him to feel your love, knowing that you have given him power, love and a sound mind.
Chpt 9- His Purpose: I pray that Jon will hear your calling. I pray that he will know who he is in You and that he has a purpose. I pray that he seeks you out, that his desires are yours.
Chpt 10- His choices: Please help Jon to make wise choices. Guide him in his thoughts, show his the right path. I pray that he will do what is right instead of what is popular.
Chpt 11- His Health: I pray for your healing touch on Jon. I pray that Jon has the desires to keep his body healthy, to eat healthy. I pray that when he is sick you are there to give him comfort and healing.
Chpt 12- His Protection: Please protect Jon! I pray for your protection over him as he goes through his daily activities.
Chpt 13- His Trials: “Lord, only you know the depth of the burden my husband carries. I may understand the specifics, but you have measured the weight of it on his shoulders. Build him up so that no matter what happens he will be able to stand strong through it. Give him endurance to run the race and not give up. I pray he will look to you to be his refuge.”
Chpt 14- His Integrity: Please be with Jon as he grows into a man of integrity. Help him to stand by his words and not falter.
** Well, only 14 chapters in and another 16 to go!! Oh my goodness… All this I pray for my husband, as well as for my family and friends. Oohh- I have a GREAT link, I will post about later this week that has a monthly calendar of things to pray about for your husband and children. It is already taped to my fridge!! :)
~Kristina

Summed up real good!
ReplyDelete