About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

16 June 2010

No Chickens

I counted my chickens and they didnt hatch (at least not here anyway!!)
The rain never came. It thundered so much last night, dark clouds, winds, yet no rain for us. The town about 10 miles north got rain, but not us. Well, tonight- again, thunder and LIGHTENING this time- wahooo, I was getting excited!! The rain was definately coming to our house! No more watering the mud (grass seeds), I was getting the umbrellas ready. Well, I went to pick Lily up from VBS and Harris City got rain- 4 miles away... WHY oh WHY!!!!!!! Anyway- I am going to bed now. I am praying and hoping for rain tonight.

Lord, keep us safe tonight
Protect us from our fears.
May Angels guard us while we sleep
Till morning light apears.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for that much needed rain along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for rain for you too!
    I must tell you...we need rain too
    Last night:
    I watered the garden.
    powdered the potatoes for bugs
    Matt sprayed around the house for ants and...
    IT RAINED!
    I thought about you sooo much when the thunder was rolling and suddenly the air was amazing and cool and breezes were flowing. We sat on the porch while the children danced in the rain. BEEYOUTIFUL I tell you! I took some amazing photos...I think...because I felt so thankful for RAIN!
    Hoping you get your rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im sorry..im sure you will get rains soon :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too are in need of rain. I'm fighting the heat to keep my little garden and flowers alive. My grass is being neglected because I'm scared to see that water bill as it is! Yikes! We were at my parent's today and they got a good rain but we got home to dryness. I'm praying that you and I get some rain soon!

    ReplyDelete