In efforts to save money lately we are finding many ways to cut back… The one that seems the most obvious right now is NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! We decided that by keeping our air off at least another month, keeping all lights turned off (during the day) and even some fans we would cut our electricity bill in half. (I am really wishing we had been able to get solar panels). We are also planning on getting a lower cell phone plan (we already only have one) and getting a smaller DISH plan. I have thought about getting rid of it all together, but I just love watching the cooking and DIY channels… So many ideas :) ** Any other ideas are always welcome!!!**
This is what we have been up to the past few days. Lily received a box full of art supplies… She is on cloud 9 right now. Between all the letter stuff and the art box- I have a hard time keeping her away from the table. I woke up not feeling so great so I pulled out her art basket… Full of crayons, paper, paint, play dough, etc… she can get what ever she wants out and have fun. (I personally am not a fan of play dough, not sure why, but on this day I was so tired I let her get into it. She played with it for 2, yes, TWO hours) I worked on a Sudoku, they relax me…
We have also made granola. Lily loves the Yogurt Parfaits from McDonalds so I decided we would make our own… So out came my mamas Lunchbox granola recipe and here we go… Oatmeal- check, almonds- check, sunflower seeds- check, raisins and craisins- check, check.. plus all the other goodies- got them all… We didn’t have enough honey, so we added some sorghum…(I can post the recipe if anyone wants it). 30 minutes later and a small bowl of vanilla yogurt and I have one happy daughter!!![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
This morning, hubby was working in the yard. Attempting to get grass to grow he found this wonderful little creature. Lily usually says- “EEEWWWW, yucky… I’m not touching THAT!!!” Today she picks it up and says “Mama- go get your camera, I want a picture of this!!!” So here ya go- the longest worm EVER- I think, anyway! There will be one very happy fish in our lake this weekend… :)
Hope you all are doing great! Summer is here, we are sweating, and I’m ready to head back to the river :)
Kristina

First...that smile of her's is contagious I tell you.
ReplyDeleteSecond...you are not a fan of playdoh because:
1.)You will be cleaning it up until next year..finding it in every nook and cranny.
2.)Your child never put's it all back in it's container, leaving you cleaning it up for the next year.
3.)The obvious...they always, I mean always manage to get some in hair or clothing...
This is why you are not a fan of playdoh...
Third...Those are some good lookin granola pictures! I can almost taste it now
Good for you for cutting back. It's hard to do, I know. Groceries are my weakness, I want my family to eat good, and I mean good...but I must just become more creative and that's sometimes really hard to do!
Good luck!!!
Hey I want the granola recipe?! Ill call you today sometime cause I also want help posting pictures up like you do...I can only post them at the top of my blogs :(. Call ya later!!
ReplyDeleteWe love granola around here. It's been a while since we've had some so I'll be making some this week. Good for you all as you make some financial sacrifices. It is hard to cut back but it is really hard to do no air conditioning around here. I've been trying to not turn it down so low but it so hot here. We got to 100 yesterday and that's with humidity too. We try to cut back in other areas and will be going over the budget today to make some changes! Oh, and my kids love playdough. They will play forever with it but I only pull it out every once in a while because I don't care for the clean up.
ReplyDelete