About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

12 June 2010

Mama’s Lunchbox Granola

  • 6 cups oats (old fashioned)
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup sesame seed
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/2 cup chopped cashews
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 water
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup raisins
  • Mix in a large bowl the oats, coconut, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds and cashews.  In separate bowl, combine honey, water, oil, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.  Pour over dry ingredients in large bowl and stir well.  Spread into 2 (15x10-inch) jelly roll pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Stir every 5 minutes.  Remove from oven .  Stir in raisins.  Makes 10 cups.
  • ***  I didn’t have wheat germ, sesame seeds, or cashews, so obviously they were not added to my batch this time.  I also didn’t have enough honey so I substituted sorghum.  At the end I added 3/4 cup raisins and 3/4 cup craisins.  We made this recipe on Wednesday and it is already almost gone!  It is SUPER yummy, especially with yogurt! ***

Katie-  you can find this recipe and many other yummy and healthy recipes in the MOPS cookbook…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment