About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

02 June 2010

Happy Birthday, Tree frog!!!

4 years ago, this night, I was in the labor and delivery room.  I was pretty doped up, had been for a while.  I ended up being in labor for nearly 24 hours when a C-section was decided upon.   (I stopped dilating at 8 cmm and was there for about 4 hours.) 

At 1:13, June 3rd, 8 lb 7 oz, I don’t remember her length, a beautiful baby girl was born.  Her name-  Lily Anne Marie.  Lily- my favorite flower, Anne- favorite movie is Anne of Green Gables, Marie- my middle name.  I woke up 5 hours later to be informed that she was having problems, either with her heart or lungs.  I was still very groggy from the meds.  She was life flighted to a nearby hospital with a NICU in it.  Jon followed, our friends drove him.  My parents and sisters stayed with me at the hospital.  I didn’t see Lily for 3 days after that.  I never got to hold her, I never nursed her (until we both came home).  I barely got to see her before she left.  She was already hooked up to IVs and such.  All I had was a Polaroid of her, taped to the side of my bed rail.   That is my story, this is hers…

~If any one is wondering why I call her my tree frog, it is because on the x-ray to see what was wrong, her arms were up at a 90 degree angle and legs down, likewise.  She looked like one of the frogs we dissected in high school.  Then when I would hold her she would have her arms and legs laying on me, looking like a little tree frog… I loved it!!!

5002DSC_0008 (2)

 DSC_0034 DSC_0076 DSC_0078  6 15 (2) 30 37 39 DSC_0007

Kristina 117 Kristina 010

5038 1001 1004 1012 1018 1039 1135 1151 1168 4114  5006 5007 5009 5010 5011 5017 5030  DSC_0234 DSC_0223

DSC_0006

I brought her home June 5 from the NICU.  Very little sickness, very little problems.  She had pinkeye (see photo) on her 1st birthday-  yep, we spent the night before her 1st birthday in the emergency room.  She has stuck 2 things up her nose and also decided last summer to give herself her own haircut (AAHHHHHH!!)  I had cut her hair only once since she was born and that was to remove a RAT TAIL!  Yep, she was born with a mullet and a rattail…  go figure.  She is the best part of my day!  I love her more each day.  I never knew my heart would break from overflowing LOVE for such a tiny little baby.  Isn’t she gorgeous!!  She has her Daddy’s eyes, Paw paws ears, Lou Lou’s dirty ears :), and my stubbornness!   God is GREAT!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREEFROG,  4 years old today!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet little one! It is amazing how much love mamas can have for their blessings. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEEYOUTIFUL Story!
    I remember reading Adriane's blog for a while before I commented the first time. The first time I did comment was when she did a birthday post for you oldest son. I had tears in my eyes as I read her post...I am glad that I posted because I feel like I have made a friend over the internet and I am not one to go this route for making friends, but God has used her in so many ways in my life...
    I want to tell you this morning that your sweet post made me teary eyed as I read it. I appreciate you sharing her story here and I enjoy your blog!
    Happy Birthday Tree Frog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I love all the pictures. The one of her and her daddy (I think - it was an outside shot) made me catch my breath. It is a beautiful picture of a little girl and her daddy. That is such a special relationship. My dad is still so very special to me. I loved hearing your and Lily's story.

    And Amanda ~ awwww...now I'm teary eyed too.

    ReplyDelete