Oh, what a busy weekend we have had!! It is Sunday night and I am ready for next weekend (when nothing is planned, just so I can REST)… My in-laws were here for a visit this past week. It is always a blessing to have them here. A lot of projects get accomplished when they come. This visit Jon and his dad were working on tilling the front and back yard to prepare for planting grass seed… I am so excited at the thought of having grass in the front yard again!!
Saturday we went to the river with our family and a few friends. We missed having Lou lou and Chance there!!! We will go again when they come visit! We cooked hotdogs as grey clouds came rolling in. There was a slight chance of thunderstorms that day, but we went anyway. We rushed through the cake eating, and present opening just in case a downpour was about to happen. Lucky us- a light sprinkle (which cooled off the day) was all that came. With the tables cleaned up we headed to the river to play. Sorry- no photos of the river this time- I was in it playing and my lovely camera stays away from water :)
Today Lily wore her cupcake dress to church. She was so excited to tell everyone it was her birthday dress, and she was 4 now. Lunch at my parents, a quiet nap in the afternoon, then back to my parents for homemade ICECREAM!!! YUMMY! Pa worked to cut the hay field and dear sweet hubby “harvested the grass seed”… makes me laugh just thinking that we paid to buy bags of this same seed and here we are getting who knows how many gallons of the same seed. I think I will be making a return visit to Lowes to take back the store bought seed :) All together a GREAT weekend. Not much planned this week, but I am sure we will find something to keep us busy! God is good!!!

What a fun weekend it sound like you had. There is nothing like getting together with family and friends to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteLove the hay photos!!!
Your daughter has the cutest smile! I love the picture of her smiling. She must light up the whole room with that smile. :)
ReplyDelete